Vantop moment 6s; sjcam sj8 pro knock-off?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24437
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24437

Has Sjcam found a new outlet for the Sj8 pro? The moment 6s looks too much like the Sj8 pro to be Kosher; the Vantop website doesn't give the SOC , only the 377 sensor info.

The main camera in the Skydio 2 quadcopter are using some phone SOC, as they feel that's where things are moving now.
TBH i was fearing it was a Ambrealla SOC in there, but thank god its not.
I also assume the DJi osmo action, will see another SOC in its next version

from their website

Ambarella H22 S85
The data on their website seems to limit 2.7 k to 30 fps. but I have seen sometimes the website descriptions of the product omits some info.

The Hero 8 black still has the better resolution choices: I think I saw in elProducente's comparisons that the black can run 120 fps in 2.7k?

The main camera in the Skydio 2 quadcopter are using some phone SOC, as they feel that's where things are moving now.
TBH i was fearing it was a Ambrealla SOC in there, but thank god its not.
I also assume the DJi osmo action, will see another SOC in its next version
This moment 6s could be Sj8 Pro's twin brother, and none of the several reviews of the 6s offer any freezing problems like plague the Pro. Tech4all implies that Pros made after July of 2018 are much improved with no freezing faults. How could I find out the manufacture date before I plunked the moolah down? Impossible!

Bah! Humbug! I'm going to bite the bullet and glom onto a Hero 8 black!

Both the DJI osmo action and the GP8 just dropped in price, but the osmo action are still the cheapest of the two ( which in turn both have their issues as i understand it )

Several gp8 owners seemed to have freezing issues after trying to update firmware through the app then had correction of the freezing after sd card method to update!

Several Osmo action owners seem pissed about the latest firmware.

I guess you cant satisfy,,,,,,,, anyone.

Last edited:
I just watched a video on the skydio 2, TBH the settings for the main camera are very basic.
You can shoot 4K in a few frame rates up to 60, and then you can shoot some 1080 up to 120 FPS.
There are 0 resolutions in between those.
Okay if i had one i would of course only shoot 4K/60, still i find it strange there are no options for lesser resolutions.

And i am pretty sure when more have gotten out there in the hands of people, and they manage to crash this un- crashable quadcopter, there will be hell to pay, but really even with six 4K cameras looking out for obstacles i have no problem seeing cases where it will not see things, and i have already seen one guy managing to crash his test sample.
And to be honest looking at editing of other first users footage i think they have managed to crash it too, just too polite to say or show it.

If i was in charge i would moderate everything in regard to the autopilot and obstacle avoidance.

Several Osmo action owners seem pissed about the latest firmware.

I guess you cant satisfy,,,,,,,, anyone.
My father always said," Don't by new production anything, nor the auto built on a Friday". We have no way to know if the new Chinese cam we want was built on Friday or "blue" Monday!

Back