Vantrue 4K single channel

BasicSpencer

Reaction score
Country
United States
I update my Vantrue N4 Dash Cams regularly with the firmware updates. Over time I noticed they have an option for 4k at 30fps in single channel mode (this was an option before but it was only at 25fps which seemed a little choppy for me). I tried the 4k mode today and wasnt impressed, something seemed fake about it and it was actually tougher to see license plates. The video quality looks better in 2k (1440p), wouldnt recommended getting this cam if you want 4k but otherwise it has still been a good camera for us and it did save us in an accident in which a person ran their red light late by 5 seconds (they said they had the green light but we had the proof).

For anyone who owns this camera, what is your experience?

Hello,
Yes here the same experience with that cam, for a part it was due to the reflection of the dashboard in the windscreen, i covered it with a mat black cloth this was already way better to read license plates both not super.
It is sad this cam does not comes with a cpl filter even as an option, and on some youtube video this cam was way better on 4K why o why ?
I am waiting on an X4 to see how that goes on 1440 p at 60 FPS.

regards
John

Hello,
Yes here the same experience with that cam, for a part it was due to the reflection of the dashboard in the windscreen, i covered it with a mat black cloth this was already way better to read license plates both not super.
It is sad this cam does not comes with a cpl filter even as an option, and on some youtube video this cam was way better on 4K why o why ?
I am waiting on an X4 to see how that goes on 1440 p at 60 FPS.

regards
John
Putting a mat black cloth on the dashboard sounds like a good idea. I never thought to cover my dashboards with anything but I’m going to start looking into that. Maybe I can find something that looks factory that can cover them to avoid glare.

I have noticed other companies have CPL filters with their dash cams like Viofo and Blackvue so they are somewhat popular. But for my wife’s sake on her car, I know if she had one then she would probably never use it lol. But I would surely use it when needed l.

X4? Are you talking about the new X4S dash cam? I’ve been eyeing this camera for a little bit.

Hello,
No just the X4 without the wifi, since this cam has a 60FPS mode it should be better to capture a license plate. I have a viofo A119V3 hanging in the back.
VanTrue should reconsider the mount to hang them against the windshield, directly to the glas with a sticker is in my opinion better you loose less space, and i saw a video from a N4 and you could really see the cam vibrating on a bad road so no clear picture there. It was however in a little van with a windshield that was in a rubber not a glued one.
The X4 cam should arrive tomorrow friday, so i will keep you posted.
regards
John

Hello,
No just the X4 without the wifi, since this cam has a 60FPS mode it should be better to capture a license plate. I have a viofo A119V3 hanging in the back.
VanTrue should reconsider the mount to hang them against the windshield, directly to the glas with a sticker is in my opinion better you loose less space, and i saw a video from a N4 and you could really see the cam vibrating on a bad road so no clear picture there. It was however in a little van with a windshield that was in a rubber not a glued one.
The X4 cam should arrive tomorrow friday, so i will keep you posted.
regards
John
Vantrue do have adhesive mount for X4, if you prefer to use this one, you can contact Vantrue via support@vantrue.net with your order number, they will replace the mount for you.

Sorry , i returned mine already, not one good video to capture a license plate, tried on different settings, did not work for me...
Today i got a Nextbase 622GW this one works just fine as it should (for now..) hopefully it stays like that, will order probably another one for the second car here also. I
If someone like to know in this 622GW i put in the VanTrue original 256GB sd card that i had here and it acepted it after being formatted , no problem here.
Just discovered that the one Viofo A119V3 sometimes not start to record a video, after being shut down at the next stop it records again, weird thing, i did a full reset formatted the SD card no avail, sometimes it just not start to record reday for the dustbin !

Sorry , i returned mine already, not one good video to capture a license plate, tried on different settings, did not work for me...
Today i got a Nextbase 622GW this one works just fine as it should (for now..) hopefully it stays like that, will order probably another one for the second car here also. I
If someone like to know in this 622GW i put in the VanTrue original 256GB sd card that i had here and it acepted it after being formatted , no problem here.
Just discovered that the one Viofo A119V3 sometimes not start to record a video, after being shut down at the next stop it records again, weird thing, i did a full reset formatted the SD card no avail, sometimes it just not start to record reday for the dustbin !
Ah sorry to hear that but I hope it works out with the NextBase dash cam. I’ve heard and seen great things about those dash cams.

Hello,
So far the two Nextbase 622GW cams in our cars are doing very good, better than any cam i owned before, i am very pleased with them.
I do have to say that i do not use the parking mode or any wifi connection with them.
Greetings
John
( ps we tried Viofo A129 Pro, Viofo A119 V3, Thinkware U1000, and the N4 and the X4 of VanTrue)

Hello,
So far the two Nextbase 622GW cams in our cars are doing very good, better than any cam i owned before, i am very pleased with them.
I do have to say that i do not use the parking mode or any wifi connection with them.
Greetings
John
( ps we tried Viofo A129 Pro, Viofo A119 V3, Thinkware U1000, and the N4 and the X4 of VanTrue)
Nice, it’s good to find a dash cam that works out. I just looked a little bit into the 622gw and noticed it’s a good 4K dash cam.

Back