Vantrue E1 / E1 Lite Review - RCG

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
I finally completed my review of the Vantrue Element 1 (E1) and Element 1 Lite (E1 Lite) dash cameras. I worked with Vantrue for several months after receiving the E1 dash camera to resolve the problem of it not going into parking mode after the vehicle was stationary for 5-minutes and the FOV change once in parking mode. Vantrue released the E1 Lite dash camera as entry level 1080p 30fps dash camera.

Very nice, congrats on your hard work putting this one together.
You have the patience of a Saint. lol
I'll be watching this later today.
-Chuck

Thank-you very much for the detailed review.
I originally had the E1 Lite and while the E1 Lite was "ok" with the 1080P video, there were things as you mentioned that I didn't like, such as manually having to turn HDR on/off depending on whether it was day/night.
I also had a problem downloading videos to my phone where it was taking quite a few minutes. I believe you said previously, this was related to the individual item and the other one worked fine.
I exchanged it last month for the Viofo A119 Mini and couldn't be happier. The HDR scheduling in the settings is perfect as well as the 5GHz wifi. I am now able to download the video file in about 30 seconds.

Back