Vantrue Element 1 Malfunction after 2 days

bgreenstone

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my camera 2 days ago, and it had been working just fine until this evening. I powered it on, and as soon as it was done booting it went into collision detection mode:

IMG_3372.JPG
It displayed the Collision icon, but everything got saved to the Normal folder, not the Event folder. Nothing I did would make it go away. Even if the car was stationary in my garage it would do this. I even went into the Settings and turned Collision mode off, but every time I'd pull the plug and reboot it this would happen again. I drove around for 20 minutes hoping it would just magically fix itself, but it never did. I ended up having to do the Restore Defaults option in the settings and that brought it back to normal.

Has anyone else seen this happen? I wonder if it's a fluke or maybe an issue with the latest firmware that I installed this morning.

EDIT: now that I think about it, it's kinda like the camera went into Parking mode for some reason. But it did this as soon as the camera booted, not after 5 minutes or anything like that.

Try the RESET pin hole on the side of the camera.

If that doesn't help sometimes little issues like this are caused by low spec/incompatible memory card. Try another card.

If it doesn't go away or recurs with a reset and new memory card I'd recommend returning the cam.

I noticed in your picture, the G-Sensor icon has a slash through it meaning the G-Sensor has been disabled. You might want to look in "Record Setup > G-Sensor" and see if it is set to off. The G-Sensor settings include 1/2/3/4/5/off with 3 being the default. I'm not sure that would trigger the behavior you've encountered, but it would be interesting to see if it changes if the G-Sensor is set to something other than off.

Back