Vantrue implemented WDR into Element 2

Vantrue Dash Cam

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Understanding Vantrue’s WDR & HDR Implementation

When shooting in large light ratios, dash cams cannot record extreme bright or dark details due to the dynamic range limitation. WDR & HDR turns dark and bright details into clarity under high-contrast light conditions. Thus, WDR and HDR are being installed in many dash cams as a function to turn dark and bright details into clarity under high-contrast light conditions.

Vantrue has been constantly exploring and developing, to implement WDR & HDR into the Vantrue series for better recording.

WDR Implemented In Vantrue Element 2

WDR is short for a Wide Dynamic Range. The WDR technology is applied to view the image smoothly under the condition of severe light contrast. The camera with WDR allows an imaging system to correct for the intense back light surrounding a subject and thus improve the quality of the freeze frame.

Recently Vantrue released Element2 to support the true WDR which can improve the car license plate visibility. With the premium SONY IMX335 Sensor and WDR hardware process, Vantrue E2 is strong for capturing a clearer license plate.

View attachment 61036View attachment 61037
WDR OFF WDR ON

HDR Implemented In Vantrue Element 1

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It can reach the shooting outcome that a normal combination of aperture and shutter cannot do by compositing various photos of different exposure and conducting tone mapping. Compared with ordinary images, it can provide more dynamic range and image details, and demonstrate the original vibrant colors to the maximun extent.

Vantrue E1 dash camera is equipped with a top-quality Sony CMOS sensor that's capable of capturing crisp 2592*1944P footage. It utilizes HDR (High Dynamic Range) Technology and F1.8 wide aperture, which can increase exposure automatically in dark situations and ensures super night vision, able to read number plates or find spot minor things that could act as important evidence.

Please note that the resolutions of 1944P and 1440P HDR do not support the pre-recording function, so after enabling motion detection, the resolution will be automatically be changed to 1440P for recording.

I looked at the E2 product page i was wondering if 1944 was a type error.
Also i saw in a video from you low bitrate parking guard, it seem to not be 30 FPS ?

It seem strange to lave that mode be both low bitrate and low FPS ( 15 )
Low bitrate 30 FPS are my personal favorite parking guard mode.

Vantrue E2 Day Sample Video 1 (Front), 2.5K WiFi Dual Dash Cam with GPS and Voice Control​

Vantrue E2 Day sample video 1 (Rear 1944P), WiFi Dual Dash Cam with GPS & Voice Control​

Vantrue E2 Day sample video 2, WiFi Dual Dash Cam with GPS & Voice Control​

Vantrue E2 Day sample video 2 (Rear 1944P), WiFi Dual Dash Cam with GPS & Voice Control​

Vantrue E2 Day Sample Video 3 (Front 1944P), 2.5K WiFi Dual Dash Cam with GPS and Voice Control​

Vantrue E2 Day Sample Video 4 (Front 1944P), 2.5K WiFi Dual Dash Cam with GPS and Voice Control​

Vantrue E2 Night Sample Video 2 (Front 1944P), 2.5K WiFi Dual Dash Cam (shared by customer)​

Vantrue E2 Night Sample Video 1 (Rear 1944P), 2.5K WiFi Dual Dash Cam (shared by customer)​

I very shortly experimented with WDR ON /OFF in the daytime, and did not notice any difference, but this was very quick and dirty so that is probably why.
Clouds do at times look overexposed,,,,,, which are just fine for me as my interest with a dashcam is what go on in the street, and here the E2 dont seem to miss a beat.

I very shortly experimented with WDR ON /OFF in the daytime, and did not notice any difference, but this was very quick and dirty so that is probably why.
Clouds do at times look overexposed,,,,,, which are just fine for me as my interest with a dashcam is what go on in the street, and here the E2 dont seem to miss a beat.

The Wide Dynamic Range feature in Vantrue E2 dashcam lets you record clear and precise footage in contrasting locations. The WDR allows the Dashcam to process multiple brightness levels to produce one superior image.

Following are the quality you can expect from the Vantrue E2 during the day & night.

Vantrue E2 Recording Quality (Daytime)​

Vantrue E2 rear cam quality​

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Karagandinez E2 0
Agie E2 38
P E2 0
A E2 6
A E2 8
Back