Vantrue N1

dougk9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, need some help here. I just got a Vantrue N1 to run side by side with my Mini 0806 for comparison. However, while setting it up, I got stuck. Even though I've inserted a formatted, 64GB SD card, the cam does not recognize the card. It keeps saying "insert card" while there's already one in there! I've tried two different cards, same results. Any ideas?

Sound like a defunked camera when you have tried several cards in it.

Is there a way to reset it by pressing somthing in a little hole ?

Yes, think I should try that?

what is memory card brand ?
What tool did you use to format a memory card ?

The card is a Pixtor. I formatted it with a card reader in my computer.

The card is a Pixtor. I formatted it with a card reader in my computer.
It might have been formatted as exFAT which the camera may not recognize as most cams need the card to be formatted as FAT32. There are utilities that will force the format to be FAT32. See the 'Format cards FAT32' in @jokiin 's signature.

Edit: I should have known @jokiin would be typing the same time I was. :D

Try smaller card.
Also, N1 has recessed microSD slot so make sure you push it in all the way.
Test card with h2testw software.

I tried one of the 32GB cards from my Mini 0806. Formatted, of course.

Thank you everybody! I just got a reply email from their customer support. Apparently there's a misprint in the owners manual, and the cam requires a 32GB card, not 64. They also suggest formatting with FAT32, whatever that is. Tomorrow I will try your links on my computer and see if this computer illiterate boy can make it work. Again, thanks everyone for your suggestions!!

Thank you, everyone, it WAS the card format that was the issue! With your suggestions, I downloaded a third party app and successfully formatted with FAT32. Camera works just fine now!

This happened to me too, fun thing was that the camera used to recognize the card even formatted exFat32, but let me format the card Far32.. Now it fails to recognize the card! Thanks for the fat32.exe program, that fixed it for me!

Hello @dougk9,

I am happy for you and me. Why? You - you got it sorted. Me - I am curious to get a user's feedback on Vantrue N1. I was heavily bent upon buying this one as my first dashcam, but didn't find any first hand user feedback or many comments in favour. Finally I bought SG9665GC and am happy with its reliability and support. SG is all time hit anyway!

However, I found Vantrue N1 really very tempting and sleek with its metal body etc. I was unable to get it in India from a reliable source. Please give regular feedback on its performance.

Back