Vantrue N2 playback from the .mov file issues?

ivtecboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all , I am new to the forum. I am and uber driver and work in IT... I bought an Vantrue N2 duel cam. The directions leave alot to be desired.... I have about a weeks worth of footage and moved some of the 5 min segments over to my hard drive on my mackbook and pc. They are saved as a .mov by default from the cam, which last I checked is apple quicktime. I have a macbook and apple quicktime does not reconize this 300mg file? Its like what the heck? I have tried VLC player and quick time, I booted to windows 7 and tried every player over there as well and same thing. Anyone had this issue? How do you solve it and get the .mov files to play?

Is that happening with every file you have recorded ?

It is normal that the last file can get corrupted / not finalized properly, but thats normally just a problem with the lest file in a session if the battery or capacitors is not working.

Is that happening with every file you have recorded ?

It is normal that the last file can get corrupted / not finalized properly, but thats normally just a problem with the lest file in a session if the battery or capacitors is not working.

Well the file plays fine on the cam, and its one from a few dozen back, I think the 60gig card seems to hold about 183 - 5 min sessions of recording... This was about recording 51 or so... I will try to move some more over to the mac book and see if others do this.

Found out the issue, I had a generic mini 60gb sd card (non samsung) I bought a real samsung 32gb card and tested, works perfecting when moving files over to my machine. Plays the .mov files with VLC. So a generic card corrupts the files or something.... no clue. I guess when they say samsung cards recommended they are not joking. It should say ONLY use samsung cards.

Yeah you do not want to go cheap with the SD card, they are often the weak link in a good camera.

Some sandisk cards ( red & grey ) work unfortunate with dashcams for some reason, but otherwise they are okay cards in other devises.

in general samsung - trancend - lexar - toshiba - PNY - kingston should be working alright in most dashcams.

I get most of my cards via Amazon.uk, and a few have gone sour on me, but amazon always have a new card in my hands almost before i get to ship the broken one out.
I also do a little shopping in Local B&M stores, there is a 2 year warranty on such things here.

sold by and fulfilled by Amazon is generally the safest bet for online purchase of memory cards at good prices

Well the file plays fine on the cam, and its one from a few dozen back, I think the 60gig card seems to hold about 183 - 5 min sessions of recording... This was about recording 51 or so... I will try to move some more over to the mac book and see if others do this.
Does it take long to copy files to your PC? we are looking into getting a few of these for our driving assessors and each drive will have footage of about an hour

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M N2 3
J N2 5
F N2 26
Back