VanTrue N2 Pro - Questions

TheYFamily

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions on my new purchase of the VanTrue N2 Pro dash cam.

1) The objects in the video seem to be further away then they actually are when I am driving the vehicle. Is there a way to adjust this to make it more realistic? For example, a truck pulled off the shoulder in front of me and I got very close to the back of him and had to jam on the brakes. In the video footage it looks like I was several car lengths away from the back of him??

2) Is there a way to zoom the image? For example, when the dash cam is operating I can see some of the dash and a-pillars of my vehicle and I would like to be able to zoom the image and not have these artifacts in the video. This may relate to question 1 above. I can't seem to get the dash cam any closer to the windshield with the factory mount without tilting the camera upward toward the sky.

Any other suggestions from the experts out there? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to DCT :)
I'm afraid here's not much you can do about the view itself, and I can't recall if the N2 Pro has a digital 'zoom' but some dashcams do. I'll check that tomorrow. Generaly dashcams do best when they see about 40% sky and 60% car and road. This usually gives a good relationship with actual distances too since you now see the hood of your car. Mine's in a tall workvan and aimed somewhat lower and I'm not having any problems like this. Ditto for other cams and cars. In any case, if it were necessaty to show distance to LE or an insurer, it wouldn't be hard to reconstruct the situation by matching the video.

Phil

Welcome to DCT :)
I'm afraid here's not much you can do about the view itself, and I can't recall if the N2 Pro has a digital 'zoom' but some dashcams do. I'll check that tomorrow. Generaly dashcams do best when they see about 40% sky and 60% car and road. This usually gives a good relationship with actual distances too since you now see the hood of your car. Mine's in a tall workvan and aimed somewhat lower and I'm not having any problems like this. Ditto for other cams and cars. In any case, if it were necessaty to show distance to LE or an insurer, it wouldn't be hard to reconstruct the situation by matching the video.

Phil
Thanks for the speedy reply. Mine doesn't seem to have a digital zoom on it. I will try aiming it a little lower to see if that makes any difference. My dash cam in installed in a 2017 Chevy Bolt EV.

Back