Vantrue N4 - parking mode doesn't work properly

torlen

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello,

The camera continues to record after the engine is turned off, and it turns off after two hours and no longer records.
Is that how it should be? Should I change the camera settings, if so, to what?

Please watch the video:

Thanks.

Is your camera hardwired into an always on power source? Typically this is into an always active fuse in the fusebox (not one that is controlled by the ignition/accessory power)?

Welcome to the forum torlem.

Short parking guard times are most often related to a setting ( some cameras have the ability to choose a time to stop recording / timer ) in other cases it is a battery issue, where the battery ( car battery ) drop below the cut off voltage of the hard wire kit.
Often the cut off voltage are select able and are most often 11.8 - 12.0 - 12.2 and 12.4 Volts, in general it is not recommended to use below 12.2 volts for cut off as that is regarded as a 50% discharged car battery,,,,, and car lead acid batteries are not really meant to be discharged deep, so if you do it will impact on the life span of the battery.

It can also be a heat related issue ( you being in Israel ) but then you should see the camera stopping at random times in the day at least, and at night with no sun out if should be less of a problem.
Electronics after all have a max operating temperature ( often 80 degrees in dashcams ) when that is hit the camera will shut down to protect itself.
The 80 degrees are of course not outside temperatures but rather temperatures on the IC chips inside the camera, and in a blistering hot cabin + the camera generating heat recording, 80 degrees are easy possible.

If you get 2 hours all the time no matter what it must be a timer setting, i myself only use 1 hour on the timer in my cameras as that cover all my shopping and at home i have CCTV on the parked car.
But systems can generally have timer settings going up to 12 / 48 hours, or if you dont use the timer for however long the battery last untill it hit the cut off voltage ( and of course the size and state of the battery )

Last edited:
FYI the Vantrue Hardwire kit for the N4 has 2 voltage cutoff settings: 12.0v and 11.6v.

Back