Vantrue N4 Review in a Lamborghini Gallardo

Vibration doesn't look good during daylight, but in low light it causes motion blur and can then be a definite problem.

Interesting to see that they have the LCD screen the wrong way around - another Vantrue designed by designers, not technical experts or people experienced in dashcams! Vantrue seem to always make nicely made cameras, and them spoil them with a few mistakes, and then release a firmware update that causes more problems than it solves! Their customers seem to like them though, maybe because they have nice plastic parts, and the customers don't know any better about the more technical aspects.

LCDs designed for car use are often diagonally polarised, so will work either way up when you have your driving glasses on, even if your glasses were designed by someone incompetent! Presumably your glasses are actually the correct standard vertical polarization? They nearly all are, since like dashcam CPLs, you want them to block the reflections which are always horizontally polarized, but there are a few sunglasses made wrongly!

I hope the 4K mode is more than 16mbit?
Some of the fake 4K cameras can produce quite good quality when they use good bitrates for the 4K, it tricks the codec into storing more resolution information than it would at 2K with the same bitrate, of course it loses some other information instead, but for dashcams resolution should have more priority than colour accuracy or temporal resolution.

You could have given a quick summary of your thoughts on the car! Good review though.

It's been a long time dream of mine for Nigel to watch one of my YouTube dash cam reviews, and bust my balls just like this.
You're so lucky, Ari. lol
-Chuck

Recently I went out to go drive a Lamborghini Gallardo and I brought the N4 along for the drive and to test it out for a review. :)

Hi VORTEX, thanks for your review filled with great insights. Vantrue will try our best to produce more top-notched dash cam

Back