Vantrue Nexus 5 FIRMWARE

so what are the latest versions?? i have
Front: VT-ECH121
Cabin: VT-ECD191
Rear: VT-ECF141

whats the change log? 1 item??

Hi All,

Just bought a N5 Dashcam (after my NextBase 522GW packed up for the 4th time with a defective battery) - and after downloading the correct version* of the Android App (v1.0.32) which has finally managed to update me to the following:-

Front: VT-ECJ171
Rear: VT-ECG201

Just wondering if i'm on the latest version as the app says there aren't anymore updates...

*Originally downloaded the latest version off the Google Store and it would connect to the DashCam ok, but would say there was a "file error" when trying to update the DashCam.

Just wondering if i'm on the latest version as the app says there aren't anymore updates...
This is my second biggest complaint with Vantrue. @Jeff_Vantrue
I'm currently testing the Vantrue S1 Pro.
In the course of testing I've discovered there are 3 different Vantrue websites, and 2 different smartphone APPs.
Vanture.com
Vantrue.us
Vantrue.net

APPs;
Vantrue
Vantrue Cam

How is the average consumer supposed to know / figure out which APP to use, and which website has their firmware update?
Why so complicated?
The idiot inside me just wants one website, and one APP.
-Chuck

Attachments

• Dealer's Choice .jpg
    Dealer's Choice .jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2

Just wondering if i'm on the latest version
Yes you are on latest FW, because ECJ171 is 17 of October (J mean 10th month)

If you have a few minutes to waste, why don’t you contact Vantrue Tech Support / Customer Service, and ask them just to see what their response is.
Then update this post on how useful / helpful their efforts were.
This should give you a taste of how they will treat you during the service life of your camera.
Pick a card, any card;

1 .png

Hi All,

Just bought a N5 Dashcam (after my NextBase 522GW packed up for the 4th time with a defective battery) - and after downloading the correct version* of the Android App (v1.0.32) which has finally managed to update me to the following:-

*Originally downloaded the latest version off the Google Store and it would connect to the DashCam ok, but would say there was a "file error" when trying to update the DashCam.
Lol so Vantrue don't even have the latest firmware version on their website :/. The front camera is listed as ECH-121 on the website...

Wish I had something to update. Despite being invited to trial the N4 pro some months ago, providing my postal details 3 times, still not a sweet wrapper. ‍♂️

Last edited:

Vantrue N5 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-10-26 09:35:41
  • Version: N5_VT-ECJ202
Update Log
1. Updated German translation.
2. Added "Audio Noise Reduction Switch" feature.
3. Added "12-hour/24-hour Timezone Switch" feature.
4. Added resolution setting for Front+Rear Cabin+Rear.
5. Optimized Daylight Saving Time switching feature.
6. Fixed some bugs.

nice. loook like i have some updating to do later.

Updated.

ST / WT in APP and time format 12 / 24 buttons dont seem to work

This is my second biggest complaint with Vantrue. @Jeff_Vantrue
I'm currently testing the Vantrue S1 Pro.
In the course of testing I've discovered there are 3 different Vantrue websites, and 2 different smartphone APPs.
Vanture.com
Vantrue.us
Vantrue.net

APPs;
Vantrue
Vantrue Cam

How is the average consumer supposed to know / figure out which APP to use, and which website has their firmware update?
Why so complicated?
The idiot inside me just wants one website, and one APP.
-Chuck
Totally get that it's listed as the old app for the older Vantrue cameras (on Android when you tap through to the description), but you're right it's absolutely confusing to new users.

Dunno what Vantrue are doing but seems like a mess at the moment. Even with the new firmware updates, there's broken features.

Your rear camera module has an update...

Ah, haven’t fitted my rear camera into the car yet - will plug it in over the weekend and update.

Funnily enough, looked again for updates this morning on both my Android phone and my Ipad.

Android:- no updates
Ipad:- offered update to VT-ECJ202

Also, is there any way that the Dashcam can remember it's settings?

Bloody annoying to have to put all the settings back in every time there's an update....

Ah, haven’t fitted my rear camera into the car yet - will plug it in over the weekend and update.

Funnily enough, looked again for updates this morning on both my Android phone and my Ipad.

Android:- no updates
Ipad:- offered update to VT-ECJ202

Also, is there any way that the Dashcam can remember it's settings?

Bloody annoying to have to put all the settings back in every time there's an update....
Doesn't appear to be a way for it to remember. Some manufacturers get it right, some don't. Appears in this case they don't.

I noticed today, with latest FW and APP, the ST/WT option only had America in it.

another note i must write, this is a MUST for next firmware update, a beeping sound constantly when there is no SD card in the camera.
i was driving around the last 2 days and went to pull out the SD card today for checking like i do every couple days, and it wasn't in there. it was still in my computer from couple days ago.
this is not really good enough, could have been an incident i needed footage for. luckily i have multiple cameras lined up on the window for such a thing.
No beep, no problem...
This dash cam would be very good for me I think is the power cpnsumption in parking mode would be better or starting up in energy saving would be faster. (Thinkware boot up in one second in energy saving mode.)

Back