Vanture N2 Pro Install

DozeBeatS

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking to hard wire the Vanture N2 Pro in my 2019 Grand Cherokee. I would like to use "parking mode" so I'm wondering which fuse to tap into. I have this camera set up in another vehicle just fine but I didn't wire it for parking mode. Also, does anyone know how it would function? If I hard wire it to a hot fuse, will it power on with ignition, and power off when I turn my truck off, but be in I guess a sleep mode until it detects motion? Any input anyone can give would be great.

Welcome to DCT @DozeBeatS :)
I had to go get the manual (and my reading glasses ) to answer this as I didn't trust my memory :rolleyes: When you have "Parking Mode" turned on in the menu (it's off by default), the cam will change to parking mode 5 minutes after it 'sees' no motion. A hardwire kit isn't necessary for it to switch these modes, but the cam will need continuous powering. You can use a hardwire kit for this, but you'll want it on an 'always hot' circuit and you'll be wise to choose a kit with low-voltage protection so you don't run the car battery down. I used the ciggie plug PS and pulled it out if I was going to be parked for more than overnight which my big battery was OK with. YMMY with that ;) Tapping into a "Ignition on" or "ACC" circuit will see the cam turn off 5 seconds after you turn the key off.

Parking mode never worked with mine even when I made certain that no movement, flashing lights, etc would be seen by the cam. It did work correctly for other folks so that might just be an anomaly as motion detect generally doesn't work well with most dashcams. Another tester reported that it worked well enough with his unit, so I don't think it's a widespread problem. Until very recently I ran this as my primary cam, just letting it recording constantly without parking mode and I must say that it did that quite well for the year or so I had it in service. Not much by way of after-sales support; better than some but less than others. Not an issue as long as your cam is working properly :whistle:

Phil

Thanks for the response. I actually ordered the ODB adapter as well and I think I may go that route just to simplify the whole process. I am still undecided. Thanks for your input, that definitely clears some things up for me. I just need to decide which fuse to use if I do decide to hard wire it.

Thanks for the response. I actually ordered the ODB adapter as well and I think I may go that route just to simplify the whole process. I am still undecided. Thanks for your input, that definitely clears some things up for me. I just need to decide which fuse to use if I do decide to hard wire it.

Find the Correct Fuse Slot
You can try to open the fuse box, find the correct fuse slot for your hardwire kit. If you need to find an ignition switched fuse, put the key in the vehicle, find the fuse which is not lit up while the car is off, and test it by turning the car on to see if it lights up. If your kit requires constant power, turn off the car and remove the key to see which fuse slots stays lit on.

I don't have the OBD adapter but those are usually plug-and-play at it's best as long as your OBD socket isn't badly positioned. Using it you won't need a fuse tap if I understand it correctly.

Phil

I don't have the OBD adapter but those are usually plug-and-play at it's best as long as your OBD socket isn't badly positioned. Using it you won't need a fuse tap if I understand it correctly.

Phil
The one I had from Vantrue, came with the T2, was just like a hardwire kit except it plugged into the OBD socket instead of the fuse box, had a low voltage cutoff and very easy to install. Only concern is that the low voltage cutoff is maybe a bit low for a standard battery, but if it doesn't normally get that low then it is fine, and if you have an AGM battery it is fine.

Back