VAVA Dash Cam-CD001 trouble connecting to VAVA CAM wifi?

AceH

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had been using the VAVA Dash Cam-CD001 with another vehicle for a long time with no problem. I moved the camera to a different vehicle and had problems connecting. I did a reset of the camera and started over. Now when I try to connect to the VAVA CAM network I get "incorrect password" and sometimes "authentication error". I've tried clearing the app's cache, deleting the data, and uninstalling the app. Then reboot my cell phone and re-download the app to start all over but the same problem occurs. I tried selecting forget network, then turning my phone's wifi off then back on and try to connect to the VAVA CAM wifi still no luck. I've tried just many solutions I've found on the Internet but nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I reload the firmware? I thought the reset was supposed to return the cam to original out of the box condition.

if they have firmware for download on their website there would be instructions to go with it

if they have firmware for download on their website there would be instructions to go with it
Thanks! I now I realize that. I was so preoccupied with the reset restoring it to factory default settings.

Last edited:
I downloaded the firmware update from the download page https://www.vava.com/product/VAVA Dash Cam-CD001-p-11.html
When I attempt to extract the file it says " FWCD001 1.4.0.bin - Unknown file format (FWCD001 1.4.0.bin) An error occurred".

BTW...what does a solid red light mean?
Is it a compressed file? If it's just the .bin file, then you just need to copy it over to your memory card and insert it into your camera. Not sure what the process VAVA uses after that.

don't extract it, just copy the bin file to an empty memory card, put it in the camera and then power it on, camera will do the rest
Thanks a lot! That did the trick, it works.

Back