Veckle 0906 grainy video

HarrisonHill

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is expected quality from this camera, but video quality is too grainy. This is more or less fine during the day, but at night it is grainy to a point where you can't distinguish any plate numbers.

Day image:

Day image 2

Night image

Night image 2

Camera was set to 1080p60FPS (same with 30FPS). Quality - Fine (super fine was the same and normal quality was too bad)

Is this expected?

Last edited:
It does look a bit noisy at night, but it is hard to tell what the light level is and it may be cause by your video player.

What video player are you using? And can you try a different one?

At night it does have the gain turned up quite high to avoid motion blur, notice that the white lines on the road in your night image have very little blur in the gaps even though you are doing 47kph in the dark, most cameras would have the lines joined together by motion blur in the gaps!

I have the same issues with FIRMWARE_20170829. Before, I did not notice it. It is randomly happening, only in low light conditions.
It is not related to the viewer/player I guess, because it is same in LAN player, Registrator Viewer, rdCAMPlayer, DashcamViewer and in Movavi too

Has the grainy night video been resolved?
I'm experiencing the same.
Screenshot_20180108-000140.png
Screenshot_20180107-235908.png
Playing the video on my Huawei P9. Same result using native video player, vlc player and MX player

Back