Ver 2.10, 64GB Card, & Loop Recording

BobDiaz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone had any success with the larger 64GB cards, the new software, and loop recording?

If yes, what card are you using?

If no, what card didn't work?

Thanks,

Bob Diaz

Have you reformatted the card using the in camera format tool?

Hi Bob, I've been using a Samsung Pro 64GB 70MB/sec card in mine as below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00D1RD948
So far it's working fine in loop mode - no issues to report yet.

I'm running 5 min clips in the highest quality mode (18Mbps). I did used to prefer 2 min clips but people don't seem to get as many issues across the board with longer clips - touch wood :)

The same card did have issues looping in two of my DOD LS460W cameras but has been absolutely fine in the Mobius (I'm tempting fate saying that now!!) and the other cameras it has been in.

Has anyone had any success with the larger 64GB cards, the new software, and loop recording?

Thanks,

Bob Diaz
I'm currently doing some extensive long-term (5 min. clips) loop recording tests with 4 different brands of 64GB cards.
I had occasional glitches with all 4 brands with v2.10 but in general all cards worked OK. The problem was the cameras very occasionally stopped recording after many hours of recording and looping.
The good news is that with the current BETA version I have not had one single glitch so far. Using the new BETA FW I have made more than 20 single tests with continuous recording for ~24 hours or more.
Cards tested were Kingston, Sandisk, PQI and PNY.

Thanks,

Bob Diaz

Hi, I've been using the following cards with looped recoding and v2.10 over the last month with no problems:
SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10
SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB UHS Speed Class 1 (U1)

Have you reformatted the card using the in camera format tool?

I will when I get the card, BUT I wanted to avoid purchasing a card that others had problems with.

Thanks for the feedback now I know which cards to look for.

I just put ADATA microSDXC, UHS-I, Class 10, 64GB card into the Mobius and recorded short clip. Card was pre-formatted with exFAT. Worked OK. It will probably take a week to check how loop recording feature works.

I just put ADATA microSDXC, UHS-I, Class 10, 64GB card into the Mobius and recorded short clip. Card was pre-formatted with exFAT. Worked OK. It will probably take a week to check how loop recording feature works.
Be warned. exFAT won't work with the latest and the upcoming FW version. You'll have to in-camera format your card before you can use it.

Be warned. exFAT won't work with the latest and the upcoming FW version. You'll have to in-camera format your card before you can use it.
Isoprop,
I formatted the card in-camera and it left it in exFAT format. How can I force FAT32?

Isoprop,
I formatted the card in-camera and it left it in exFAT format. How can I force FAT32?
Format it first in your computer then in the Mobius.

Isoprop,
The upcoming firmware will automatically format your card to FAT32. Sorry, I jumped the gun a bit ;)
My tests with 64GB cards and more recent firmware versions have worked really well.
In the meantime, search for guiformat (actually called FAT32 Format). It will format your card to FAT32.
My advice is to download the GUI version and not the command line version.
Here's the link:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

I was wrong. In-Mobius formatting changed exFAT to FAT32. I think what happened was that I bought two same 64GB cards, formatted first one in Mobius, but then probably looked at the second card on my PC that was not formatted in Mobius yet.
Everything is good. I have now 64GB cards formatted with FAT32 in my both, front and rear, Mobius cams.

Back