Version and white pixels

andrea24

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello,
how can i check the version of my sg9665gc? (v1, v2, v3)
Why during night recording there are white pixels?
How to reset the focus?

Thanks

What is the serial number of your SG9665GC? (check from the back of the unit?
What is the firmware version? Go to the settings menu, scroll down to the "version".

Load Update 5 or a later version (if one), has "04. Add Auto calibration function in low light situations".

how can i know if it is v1, v2 or v3?

how can i know if it is v1, v2 or v3?

What is the firmware version? Go to the settings menu, scroll down to the "version".

streetguardian customer service told me is v2...

Sorry, this was my typo. I replied you there.
You have v1 version.

Do it in two steps.

1. Firmware Update
First please update to the latest Firmware which you will find from support page: https://streetguardian.info/support
Go to "Firmware" section and find file: SG9665GCV1 - Firmware update 20170904
Download it, unzip. You will find the latest firmware for v1 version and the text file on how to do firmware update process.

2. To calibrate the sensor:
Please see the PDF sensor re-calibration instructions on the following share:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x7wxwsk32wvzbp3/AAAVQ5OtK0IUHZ6i9eYjEM6Ua?dl=0

Quick Tip. Press and hold the MIC button as you insert power cord to skip right to the maintenance mode menu.
(instead of using the special file talked about in the PDF instructions)

Feel free to run this as many times as you want. (Try both hot with the camera on for 10 minutes first or cold). The Sony Sensor is being pushed running at maximum sensitivity so it's pretty tough to get every single pixel 100% perfect without losing night performance. (but you shouldn't have any fully bright ones after this)

The challenge with calibration is when we do them in the factory on a brand new sensor and not every bright pixel shows up in such a short time

as an FYI all sensors have this, Sony acknowledges that it is impossible to avoid based on current manufacturing technology and consider it to be normal, there are other variables as well, see below

the calibration process (calibration is probably an inaccurate description but that's how it is termed) does not actually calibrate the sensor but masks the effect by mapping which pixels show this issue and when the pixels around the affected pixel are dark or light (whichever the case may be) turn off the affected pixel, we have tried an automated process to dynamically mask the pixels as that is an available option in the SDK but we found that when we used it there was a negative impact on overall image quality, it does work fine on some other model sensors so maybe it's something that can be improved, We questioned the engineer about this and the answer was still to do it manually as there hadn't been any progress made on the automated method

Sony Doc (FYI):

14jR4pd.jpg

can i use the usb cable connected to pc as power source?

Back