Very Cheap ANTI VIBRATION SYSTEM for a Motobike

DESFORM

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
adapted MOBIUS camera
The problems of all DASHCAMS (here a MOBIUS camera) on a motobike, are the vibrations of the machine that can ruin any attempt to do a nice video...and it is not easy to fix a camera on a motobike to avoid those vibrations, often called Jello, etc......

But there are a lot of innovating DIY home ingeniers on youtube, and amongst the many ideas shown there, some seems to stick a bit more out than the others....

Here is a very cheap DIY anti vibration system for a MOBIUS CAMERA (+ it's WATERPROOF CASING) on a Motobike (the thingme was originaly made for the windshield of a Honda Varadero 125cc, but I guess this system can be adapted for other bikes as well..with a little bit of imagination)

Cost nothing if you have all the ingredients of the recipe....

May be just buy the 3M double sticky sides tape...and the VELCRO....to tape/velcro it on the bike....and it's easy removable......As the guy says....don't forget the LIFE LINES in case it falls off while riding....

You can of course post underhere all the cheap diy ideas done to avoid VIBRATIONS on a motobike...

The more, the merryer as they say...

It would have been helpful if the guy who posted this DIY video on YouTube had included some before and after footage to demonstrate the efficacy of this idea.

Last edited:
Sure enough, I think like you, although we all know what it looks like without anti vibration systems, no need to do a video on that for him I suppose......

but I have seen one video of this same guy, done apparently on a bycicle with the same sort of anti vibration system, OBYONETAOPY, (the provider of the videos), says it's the same guy (friend of his) and this guy first tried his anti vibration system on a bycicle because lots of vibrations on it, and said if the system was good for a bycicle, then it would be good enough for a motocycle

Here is his first video, done very recently...that tends to accredit his point of view

and even if it's in French, there is no talking at all, we can hear the cycling and the bell on the cycle rigging each time there is a big hole on the tarmac....(on a bike there is no oil suspensions like on motobikes) and yet the video runs smooth enough to convince me, he has something there.....

Do you think this would help with jello effect?

look at z guy"s video , no jello there

No jello indeed but doesn't seem to be doing much more than the posted limit (50-70 kph). On my current setup I only get jello beyond 100-120+ kph.
The vibrations are pretty insane though. The thing keeps skipping. Do you experience the same vibration/skipping with your setup?

Roads in this video are amazing compared to here so I don't understand why it jumps so much.

sure, if you have a powerfull moto, then you need a powerfull GIMBAL to stop vibrations, because wind on the cam creates also it's own vibrations, if the whole thing is'nt designed like a plane wingery

my moto, is the same as this guy on the video, a honda varadero 125cc, not more than 120 klm per hour.... and the honda is fairly stable; weights 130 kilogrammes, plus my weights, that makes 200klg, it don't vibrate too much

sure, if you have a powerfull moto, then you need a powerfull GIMBAL to stop vibrations, because wind on the cam creates also it's own vibrations, if the whole thing is'nt designed like a plane wingery

my moto, is the same as this guy on the video, a honda varadero 125cc, not more than 120 klm per hour.... and the honda is fairly stable; weights 130 kilogrammes, plus my weights, that makes 200klg, it don't vibrate too much
So I was curious and modified the setup I posted and just put the lens on a rubber grommet on the front fairing, near one of the mirrors. Surprisingly, there wasn't much jello effect nor vibration. The most vibration is at idle.

I'll mod it again and try using some foam stuff to see if I spot a difference. For references, it's going on a 600cc i4.

Back