Very Disappointed GT550WS Shadow-Tec

ric

Reaction score
Country
Australia
G'day,
This product GT550WS Shadow-Tec, keeps freezing after a few mins while driving, the screen turns a pink color, and changes size, I haven't even used this product for more than 2 weeks... I'm extremely disappointed...what can we do to solve this...? Version is 2.6G, and I bought the product from http://www.foxoffer.com/. I have also emailed Foxoffer to see what we can arrange...

Last edited:
Long shot but try another memory card, if it's just faulty though you'll need to arrange with Foxoffer

Well current memory card is Sandisk ultra 32G Class 10...This memory card seems to work great in other devices..Eg: Mobile phone...I have had the card for less than 6 months....Here are 2 pic's of what is happening...Have a look at the current time 19:49 which looks normal, then 1 or so minutes later it changes to the image with the white bars...CameraZOOM-20140922195022872.jpg

Last edited:
And the second image:I cant seem to upload...hmmm, any reason I can't upload the second image? This is doing my head in, on why it won't finish uploading the image....

Last edited:
Does the clock stop when the bars appear? I had a GT680W that would just start off ok then after seconds or minutes would just display noise on the image and lock up - I tried various things but in the end the camera had to be replaced and has been fine since.

I'm also speaking to foxoffer, have a look at this there solution....

How about the recording, is it normal? I think some thing problem with the LCD screen.
If the recording is no problem, how about we offer $10 partial refund|?

Thanks.
best regards,
FoxOffer Support Team #1
FoxOffer.com
Tel: +86 755 8286 1893 Fax: +86 755 2214 5575
Email: Support@FoxOffer.com
Web: www.FoxOffer.com

This is current offer on there webpage:
They selling for 95.00 US, I'm starting to think I may have been ripped royally...I ordered on Sept 03 2014, and received 15 Sept 2014, what a joke...

Have a look at Refund policy:
We guarantee that the products sold in our website, other than explicitly stated, are 100% brand new and free from defects in material and workmanship.

We warrant our products for 1 year. Defective products could be replaced if returned within a year since the date of purchase. The return must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, which is to be issued upon request, and must be shipped prepaid.

The warranty period is a year from the date of original purchase. A replacement item, if sent, does not restart, or in any way extend the warranty period.

For battery pack or battery related products, cell capacity depletion over time under regular use is normal, and is not an indication of defect.

Our warranty does not extended to any products that are physically damaged or that are not under normal operating conditions as a result of misuse or improper installation on the buyer/user's part.

Where applicable, all requests for warranty returns must be accompanied by a proof of purchase and be made through the dealer or outlet where the item was originally purchased.

If you change your mind and want to return the item for a refund, you can contact our customer services department and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within fifteen (15) days of purchase. Return within thirty (30) days from purchase can be for exchange, credit or refund at our discretion. NO REFUND accepted after 30 days of purchase.

A product returned for refund or exchange must be in its original packaging, and it must be complete, and undamaged. Customer is responsible for shipping charges on returned items. For your protection, we strongly recommend that you insure your return shipment against loss or damages, and that you use a shipper that can provide you with proof of delivery.

Attachments

• offer.png
    offer.png
    511.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Does the clock stop when the bars appear? I had a GT680W that would just start off ok then after seconds or minutes would just display noise on the image and lock up - I tried various things but in the end the camera had to be replaced and has been fine since.
The recording stops....

Similar to the problem I had in that case - reply to them that you want to send it back (try and use a service that offers tracking and proof of delivery if possible) and they should replace it for you.

I don't know who's doing support there but that's the second or third time I've seen someone say they've been offered $10 and it's bizarre - they should replace it as long as you send it back. Maybe it's a new idea they're trying but they should stop it!

Similar to the problem I had in that case - reply to them that you want to send it back (try and use a service that offers tracking and proof of delivery if possible) and they should replace it for you.

I don't know who's doing support there but that's the second or third time I've seen someone say they've been offered $10 and it's bizarre - they should replace it as long as you send it back. Maybe it's a new idea they're trying but they should stop it!
Well they best offer something better, as I will......hahahahah, Social media is great.....

Offering the $10 to get them out of afterservice is just really upsetting customers at the minute!

I don't know if it's just bad translation and they're offering $10 towards the shipping back but they could do with clarifying exactly what they're meaning.

Hope you get it sorted ok anyway

Just to let everyone know I have finally received my GT550WS back.... Only took 2.5 months from the first email to them on 22/09/2014...Wow... So happy to have it before Christmas....What a joke and awful battle this was just to get a replacement....From the hoops I had to jump through, the incorrect responses from them that were meant to other customers, wrong tracking numbers, only to find out they didn't even have the stock...I'm sorry I don't think I will be buying another one any time soon at least from this vendor... Anyway just my unlucky experience I guess... Also just FYI I noticed the firmware is GT550WS G13101705c7 E03EC which seems kinda different compared to v2.6..hmmm Wells seem to be working kinds good for now....

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know I have finally received my GT550WS back.... Only took 2.5 months from the first email to them on 22/09/2014...Wow... So happy to have it before Christmas....What a joke and awful battle this was just to get a replacement....From the hoops I had to jump through, the incorrect responses from them that were meant to other customers, wrong tracking numbers, only to find out they didn't even have the stock...I'm sorry I don't think I will be buying another one any time soon at least from this vendor... Anyway just my unlucky experience I guess... Also just FYI I noticed the firmware is GT550WS G13101705c7 E03EC which seems kinda different compared to v2.6..hmmm Wells seem to be working kinds good for now....
Ireturned my camera to E-prance 2 times , it was returned to China. They said they would pay the $19.00 to return it , they never paid.When I received it ,it recorded fine for about 3 months and then a dialogue appeared on the screen that looked like Chinese. I cannot access the menu I can bring the operating screen up temporary and then the camera shuts off .Anyone have the same problem?

Back