Very disappointed with the Git2

falkon1000

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello

I’ve bought a Getup Git2 after owning an SJCAM SJ4000 and I’m very disappointed with the Git2 :(

Are there solutions to my problems ?
  • Focusing distance is wrong. Everything is almost sharp (but much softer than with an SJCAM, I think the lens is less qualitative) at 2 or 3 meters from the lens. Everything closer is soft / out of focus. Focus should be much closer than 2-3 meters. How can i adjust that ?
  • Under artificial light, there is flickering. I can see the light flicker… I have never faced this with my sjcam
  • Using the stabilizer in average or low light leads to very poor video quality when the cam is in motion
If I had known these problems I would have NEVER bought this cam as it is a huge disappointment versus the SJCAM :(

I hope you’ll have solutions for me.

Thanks for your answers

Under artificial light, there is flickering. I can see the light flicker… I have never faced this with my sjcam
You need to choose correct frequency option (50 or 60 Hz - depending on your country) in the camera settings.

Hello

I’ve bought a Getup Git2 after owning an SJCAM SJ4000 and I’m very disappointed with the Git2 :(

• Focusing distance is wrong. Everything is almost sharp (but much softer than with an SJCAM, I think the lens is less qualitative) at 2 or 3 meters from the lens. Everything closer is soft / out of focus. Focus should be much closer than 2-3 meters. How can i adjust that ?
  • Under artificial light, there is flickering. I can see the light flicker… I have never faced this with my sjcam
  • Using the stabilizer in average or low light leads to very poor video quality when the cam is in motion
If I had known these problems I would have NEVER bought this cam as it is a huge disappointment versus the SJCAM :(

Thanks for your answers
Thanks for choosing the Git2.

The focus distance is about 2.2m to 2.5m, this is similar or same for most of action cam manufactures.
Regarding the lens, not sure which SJCAM model you refer, the Git1/Git2 lens is much better than the SJ4000/M10 series, SJCAM only use such lens on their high end model like SJ5000 plus.
For flickering, can you try to change the frequency on system setting menu?
For Gyro, it is not expected to use under low light, we confirm it is not good in low light with Gyro.

Hello

When you are comparing a 3 Mpix CMOS with a 16 Mpix CMOS you should also take into account that you need much more light to get good image quality. This is a fact that most people tend to ignore.

...Even so, I have the two cameras, and no way SJ4000 looks better than Git2. And I loved SJ4000...

...Even so, I have the two cameras, and no way SJ4000 looks better than Git2. And I loved SJ4000...
I also had a SJ4000 and liked it, after upgrading to the 5000+ i was very disappointed.

Hello

Thanks for your answers
  1. To check the focus, take a 16MP photo in full sunlight. Recording video in the dark is a bad way to check focus.
  2. All cameras can suffer from flicker under artificial lights, it does have a 50/60Hz option which will help with some lights.
  3. The Git2 is best in daylight, if you want to record at night use a Git1 camera.
This very good French review of the Git2 doesn't agree with the thread title!
http://pocket-cam.com/gitup-git-2-pro-test-complet-sur-le-terrain-le-coup-de-coeur
"The pocket-cam.com favourite for summer 2016"

thanks for the answers
1. How can i change focus distance ? My previous cam was perfect with it's short focus distance. The long focus distance of the Git2 is a problem for my use. I know we can refocus the Yi. How to do the same with the Git2 ? Which screwdriver to use ?
2. I will confirm the 50/60hz setting is fine, but, at first sight, it seems to be. That's great !
3. Gyro shouldn't be used in low light... ok. It has never been explained anywhere in the product description when I did place my order but ok.

Picture in good lightning condition is very very good, even if it's a bit soft

I still consider SJCAM being a better option for my use (except if i can refocus the lens).

you can redo the focus if you don't mind to open the camera and adjust it yourself, not too hard to do

Well, as the camera's current focus distance "wrong" for my use, yes I can open the cam. But how to refocus it ?
What kind of screwdriver should i use ?

Thanks

Well, as the camera's current focus distance "wrong" for my use, yes I can open the cam. But how to refocus it ?
What kind of screwdriver should i use ?

Thanks
Here is a related video with lens replacing and focusing. I don't know the screw sizes as I have a small screwdriver set and just check which fits :)

1.5mm hex key

Surprised about the complaints about low light/image stability. It isn't something great (if your going to want something perfect go spend $500 on a proper camera) but it's pretty dang good.

I do alot of night time cycling and use my git1 and git2. Not a massive difference in video quality but the image stabilization makes a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE.

For the price, git2 is unbeatable IMO.

Nice to see the ability to easily adjust things to suit more users too.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've bought a 1.5mm hex screwdriver
I've tried to open the camera but if the screws are easy to remove, i'm totaly unable to remove the front shell. It's like it's glued in the center, both on top and bottom.

Any tips on how to open it without breaking the whole shell ?

Thanks

Thanks. I've bought a 1.5mm hex screwdriver
I've tried to open the camera but if the screws are easy to remove, i'm totaly unable to remove the front shell. It's like it's glued in the center, both on top and bottom.

Any tips on how to open it without breaking the whole shell ?

Thanks
Remove the SD card and use your thumbnail to open the case from there, after if pops open a bit use a plastic card around the front cover and the rest of the body, it will come of easy. It has 2 clips, one on top and one on bottom.

Thank you but I did that and it's impossible to unclip the body. It seems to be so fermly scealed that if i try again i think i will break it
I've seen videos on Youtube and it's super easy to remove for them

Would you have a picture of the clips you are talking about ?

Thanks

Thank you but I did that and it's impossible to unclip the body. It seems to be so fermly scealed that if i try again i think i will break it
I've seen videos on Youtube and it's super easy to remove for them

Would you have a picture of the clips you are talking about ?

Thanks

I only have a screen grab with not much to see, but will give you an idea

front cover.jpg .

Thanks. Mine seems to be impossible to unclip without breaking the whole thing.
I've tried with as much power I can, it doesn't move. The only thing i can acheive is to twist the plastic :s

First time when you remove the plate it will be a bit harder. Try to pry it open with a plastic card.

Youhou, i did it!
I've tried different focus distance but i face a new and unexpected problem : the depth of field of this sensor+lens seems to be quite shallow. I thought i could get a closer focus distance without affecting the objects beyond a meter or two but it seems if i choose to focus on short distance, i get out of focus objects beyond two or three meters.

In a way, the fact the depth of field is short is nice and can be used to create beautiful effects / bokeh. What would be great is the ability to change the focus distance withoud having to open the box, directly when filming.
Is there an adaptor to achieve this ?

Another question, is there a way to shallow the field of view ?

Back