Veto this one?

DavidUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This looks interesting...

Anyone heard of it?

The AR0330 sensor are the same the mobius use, so if it is harnessed well it can still work fine ( not the stunning low light performer off course )

For a fiver i would say go for it, it should have a good chance of being worth that amount.

NT96650/AR0330 is yesterday's technology. It can still be good daytime but at night there are much better cams now. For 5 quid it can't be much of a cam but it might be useful to play with, or as a side or rear cam. Wouldn't trust it as a primary cam in front without serious testing. I'd do it just for the giggles as long as shipping costs are reasonable :D

Phil

Shipping are local ( ebay.uk / southall )

My thoughts exactly. Processor and sensor is same as Mobius. So performance will be similar. Very good daylight, so so lowlight. Personally I'd look for a higher number processor and a Sony sensor if I'm buying one now.

I have bought one for "giggles" - my offer of £4.79, including shipping, was accepted.

Biggest downside is it's a battery cam, not capacitor. I recall seeing a Mobius battery being replaced with a capacitor. But I'm guessing the whole cam will be rubbish and that I won't want to waste effort taking it apart to find solutions in order to give a bad cam more longevity.

Batteries are not that bad for us way up here, i have been running a x cam with battery a long time first in my rear window and now with a 12 mm lens in the windscreen.
I would say i have at least a year of use with the battery.

Off course if global warming suddenly set in up here too it might change, but the 1 week we danes have of worth mentioning summer every year are not that bad.
And same goes for the cold season, over here we had a handful of nights with below 0, but just below nothing near -10 degrees.

The £4.79 Vetomile cam has arrived. A quality made little unit from the outside, and well packaged. I've test fitted it in the car's rear window, in my garage, and revolving the lens to the lowest point gives exactly the view I'd want which surprised me bearing in mind the rear screen is very shallow. Any lower and I'd just see more of the hatch lower lip...

vlcsnap-2018-01-01-11h13m27s888.png

...you can see the heater element half way down the screen, but there's nowhere to place the cam to avoid this. Having the cam centre top of the screen will look odd in my RVM to start with I guess, and it may be I opt for a stealthier solution with a screen less cam. Here it is next to my A119...

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.21.52.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.22.05.png

But of course the real test is how it records so more on that later...

Watching with interest- I'm a sucker for cheap cams that work reliably and I hope this will be the case here :)

Phil

My thoughts exactly. Processor and sensor is same as Mobius. So performance will be similar. Very good daylight, so so lowlight.
I'd rather say "the same processor as the old G1W-G1W H" because mine beat hands-down both Mobius that I had, especially at night.

Batteries are not that bad for us way up here, i have been running a x cam with battery a long time first in my rear window and now with a 12 mm lens in the windscreen.
I would say i have at least a year of use with the battery.

Off course if global warming suddenly set in up here too it might change,
I've been using a battery camera for 27 months now and the last 2 years were the worst since GW set foot in Portugal. According to everyone's life expectation for a battery dashcam, mine should be dead and buried by now. :rolleyes:

I think this might also be founded in the fact that you can also get different qualities of batteries, and have more or less luck with the battery you choose for your product ( /me look at ongoing Samsung note battery problems )

My friend got 10 2200 MAH batteries for his phantom 1 quadcopter a while back, they have all inflated pretty fast in spite of being used little, and he have other batteries from same class and brand ( just larger MAH ) that are just as old but they still work fine and have not inflated.
I should maybe say that my friend do not treat his lipo batteries optimal, but he treat them all the same way so by that reasoning they should all have inflated, so it must be down to something else.

He just ordered 3 batteries the same brand/model/size as i use in my little offroader, so will be funny to see how they work for him.
BUT i have underlined he really should take better care of his batteries, and by that i mean store charge them instead of just full charge them and them put them away for god know how long.

Cuz in this case not doing the right thing are silly for the following reasoning

So you get home from a nice outing with flat batteries, and so you have 2 options ( theoretical numbers )
1: you can full charge your flat battery in 1 hour and put it on a shelf for use later.
2: you can use 40 minutes store charge the battery, then put it on a shelf, and then before next drive use 20 minutes to fully charge the battery.

Only difference is by doing store charge you have more handling of the batteries, charge time are still the same.
And my friend also ackknowleged that what i said made sense, and maybe he should learn to use his charger better than just select cell count and charge rate and then press OK

Hahaha, I didn't even choose to have that camera, let alone what's in it! :LOL:

The £4.79 Vetomile cam has arrived. A quality made little unit from the outside, and well packaged. I've test fitted it in the car's rear window, in my garage, and revolving the lens to the lowest point gives exactly the view I'd want which surprised me bearing in mind the rear screen is very shallow. Any lower and I'd just see more of the hatch lower lip...

View attachment 35425

...you can see the heater element half way down the screen, but there's nowhere to place the cam to avoid this. Having the cam centre top of the screen will look odd in my RVM to start with I guess, and it may be I opt for a stealthier solution with a screen less cam. Here it is next to my A119...

View attachment 35426

View attachment 35427

But of course the real test is how it records so more on that later...

Hi David
Was this fitted ? ... and in daily use?
And still alive and working?

I think this is amazing, £4.79 posted!
Lets be honest if it turned up, and had a photo on the screen saying “you have been had”
You wouldnt exactly be overly shocked ... would you.
As it is, it really looks ok

Back