Vezo 360 by https://www.arvizon.com

FodorTibi

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
have yet to see any low light video from this, they've been asked a bunch of times already, suspect it might put some of the backers off when they find out it's not going to be great in low light

And you need 5K before number plates become readable. Funny how there is not a single plate visible let alone readable in their "Video Sample"!

Looking at their "Video Sample", I note the HDR is useless, can see almost nothing but snow outside from the rear camera while she drives across the car park, and from the front camera there is no snow!

Also the sound in that "Video Sample" is terrible!

Also, I wonder if the AI drowsiness detector can work when you have such huge and dark sunglasses :D

You don't actually need HDR to be able to see both inside and outside at the same time if you have a good sensor, so whatever they are using can't be very good, or is being used very poorly, this just uses WDR:

did you watch their intro video, hilarious
They know how to market to BMW drivers! Not sure it will work for the rest of us though...

From their parking mode section: "Above all, the Vezo 360 is entirely a wireless dash cam. No wires reduce the cable management process as hiding wires under the dash is a tedious process. Besides, let us not forget that the Vezo 360 also assists the driver in parking the vehicle."

I was going to say that it is a pity the mount is not entirely wireless too, but watching that intro video I saw him plugging the power cable direct into the camera! I guess it has cables instead of wires?

And you need 5K before number plates become readable. Funny how there is not a single plate visible let alone readable in their "Video Sample"!

Looking at their "Video Sample", I note the HDR is useless, can see almost nothing but snow outside from the rear camera while she drives across the car park, and from the front camera there is no snow!

Also the sound in that "Video Sample" is terrible!

Also, I wonder if the AI drowsiness detector can work when you have such huge and dark sunglasses :D

You don't actually need HDR to be able to see both inside and outside at the same time if you have a good sensor, so whatever they are using can't be very good, or is being used very poorly, this just uses WDR:
Hello, thank you for your comment. What would you like to demonstrate with your attached video (Roundabout)?

Hello, thank you for your comment. What would you like to demonstrate with your attached video (Roundabout)?
I think he's demonstrating that different hardware can do a much better job, they haven't released much real video samples from the camera but what they have released is not great

The motion blur is the limit, not resolution...
Hello, I currently have a 70mai Pro (Sony IMX335 sensor) with 2592x1944 pixels (5MP) resolution with 30fps and H.265 configured, and I am very satisfied with it.
I am just curious if 8MP (4K) would make a significant improvement in image detail and accuracy (regarding license plate detection and recognition).
So am looking for a dash cam with this kind of capability.

Hello, I currently have a 70mai Pro (Sony IMX335 sensor) with 2592x1944 pixels (5MP) resolution with 30fps and H.265 configured, and I am very satisfied with it.
I am just curious if 8MP (4K) would make a significant improvement in image detail and accuracy (regarding license plate detection and recognition).
So am looking for a dash cam with this kind of capability.
If they have the same field of view and lighting conditions are good then yes, the 4K would allow you to read plates at about 1.5 x the distance.

Although normally at least some of the extra resolution is used to provide a wider field of view, in which case there may be very little difference in plate readability distance.

Neither is sufficient to read a plate on a 360 field of view though, ideally you want 8K width of sensor area, which with a bit lost at the joins and in lens corrections can give a reasonable 5K video with plates at the front and sides readable, but not at the rear.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Dash Cam Discussion 10
Back