Vico Marcus 4. 2560p/Extreme HD, 1296p/30Fps, A7, HDR, Parking Mode, 7-l. optics

Awesome - doesn't that chip support wifi?

Are there any differences between the A7LA55 and A7LA70 then now other than wifi on the 55 and two channel support on the 70?

I've just been having a read of the Polish forums and a lot of them are buying the M4 over other alternatives - some of the footage from this camera is cracking though!

I feel the 4th 4.0G firmware has some bug, and it does have cracking issue with 4.0G. Updated with 4.2G firmware, so far so good.
I haven't taken apart the Cmos on the 4, but I feel the 4 use a Omnivision 4689 CMOS which could create sharp image than Aptina AR0330 which use on Marcus 3.
Overall, the night footage is way brighter and better noise reduction than 3.
Here is a sample.
14643447990_c813d919b5_c.jpg

Marcus 3
14643574979_14196b541c_c.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have some RAW video files at night? Preferably one that wasn't filmed in chinese/korean traffic jam where nothing is actually moving?

Has anyone noticed the coma rings around light sources? Here's a screenshot of the official Vico video. Don't like it at all...

krOJy0O.png

Last edited:
Additionally to the coma outlined above, the overall picture quality is ruined by hideous oversharpening. The aliasing in the day-time videos is terrible! Has that something to do with the A7? Can this be tamed by a firmware fix or would it need an anitaliasing filter?
Even the Mobius recordings look much better than this. Which isn't to say that I wouldn't respect the Mobius. If the quality/price ratio would be anywhere close to it with the "professional" cams, I would buy one immediately, but they all seem to suck one way or the other *sigh*...even a decent smartphone can do better recordings than this.

I thought only M3 has this “over sharpening” issue.

It's an A7 problem, some models seem to suffer worse than others but some of that may come down to the rest of the hardware

Link below YouTube is raw :)

Vico just releases firmware v4.3G.

Vico-Marcus4 New FW V4.3G
Improvement: Improve system setting and memory card compatibility.

http://www.vicovation.com/productpage.asp?IDno=22&cata=3&lang=en

Fixed a few bugs I was experiencing but video quality has been reduced...now has many compression artifacts (blurry/blocky, general noise), and though night video seems to be brighter it too suffers from introduced noise and blockiness where 4.2 did not :/

Marcus 4 firmware updated to 4.4. Doesn't give much in the way of details beyond "system settings" and card compatibility. Though the interesting thing is they have PULLED v4.3, no explanation given.

OV4689 and the A7 55 - all the info is already in this thread mate :)

If it's a different device it shouldn't be in this thread then

Back