g1wha.jpg

ls330wa.jpg

ls460wa.jpg

marcus5a.jpg

g1wh.jpg

ls330w.jpg

ls460w.jpg

marcus5.jpg

soon I will compare Marcus 4 vs Marcus 3 vs LS460W...

thanks

Last edited:
Marcus 5
G1WH (with Firmware DOD LS388W)
LS330W/LS430W
LS460W

hi -Pizdys-
Thanks for your interessting reply.
Please move your comparison of Vico Marcus 5 and DOD LS430/460 and GW1 to a new thread.

In my opinion the Vico Marcus 5 screenshots are too dark. Maybe the exposure was set to dark in the video options? In our comparison between DOD LS430W and Vico Marcus 5, the Vico isn't that much dark. I will post a direct comparison of Marcus 1,3,4,5 and DOD LS330/430/460 later too, but in a new thread.

Question: The screenshots looked like to be smoothed. why is the resolution eg. 1920 x 1073 px and not 1920 x 1080 px?

Last edited:
hi,

all cameras was setup to default EV:0 (even for Marcus 5)
reason for 1920 x 1080 px (not only marcus5) is because all movies was cutted manually with 1:1 scale (without losing any quality),

Marcus 5 has 5.0 firmware
all Marcus 5 movies (even from VicoVation Youtube channel) are dark:

eg.

The LS460W is the best by far!

The LS460W is the best by far!

By those pics, I agree!

The difference in the last 4 pictures is almost startling how much better it appears.

Googling....googling......googling.......:)

I fail to see how you tested the VicoVation Marcus 5 because your pictures are dreadful,I did lots of comparisons of loads of dash cams and the Marcus 5 had brilliant pictures and write ups.

My last view was with Techmoan on the internet and he has tested lots and lots of dash cams and he said the picture quality on the Marcus 5 was excellent and would recommend it very highly,if I saw pictures like yours before I bought mine I would not have touched it with a bargpole I would be interested what other owners of the Marcus 5 have to say.

I have also had a few chats with Niko on this forum who also says it is an excellent dash cam and has not had any bad remarks about it and classes it as a good quality dash cam,the price of the Marcus 5 reflects in the difference in price to the DOD range

Last edited:
Here is a typical write up for the so called best dash cams (not very good is it) also uses a battery instead of a capacitor so another problem.

: DOD LS460W with Sony Exmor Sensor + Advanced WDR Super Night Vision + 1080P 30FPS + G-Sensor + GPS Logger + F1.6 Aperture (Electronics)

Firstly I did not buy this on amazon but the official dod uk website direct
as a cctv installer i was pleased to see this would come with a sony sensor as sony is the bench mark in home cctv.

well i was let down with 2 cameras This camera is useless considering the very very high price i paid
Let me make this clear it is not worth the money it is not even on par with other cameras of £50 and under.

It looks great, its physically well made and feels good.nice box easy to use, thats it

Problem is image quality is extremely poor probably down to the lens being out of focus or blurry producing very poor images with little detail.

The slightest rise in temperature the problem gets even worse.

I had problems with the camera freezing up and needing resetting so failed to record more than 2 or so minutes. I sorted this out as I found it did not like 32gb sandisk sd cards or 32gb Samsung evo, transcend seems ok only frozen a few times since I changed the card.

Be aware this is also a exchanged model like for like after the first camera had focus issues

The camera can’t read number plates very well at all unless you are almost on top of the car the camera is pointing at.

Glare and reflections are a huge problem also

I believe the 60fps works better but this needed to be 1080p as frame rate is reduced hugely as is image quality; however the image is less blurred.

Night vision is good but is very washed out

My second unit is now doing back to dod uk

I got this thinking the sony sensor would be great but the older models out perform this camera in sharpness and image quality and the ability to read number plates

I wanted this to read number plates better than my old model but its far worse than my 0801 £30 and way way worse than my 0803 £70

Total waste of time,

Lucky dod is going to refund me once returned

Stay clear until the focus and lens is fixed

Also being able to use low iso of 3200 is not giving any sharp images at all just washed out or blown out images

I will not buy dod again

Over priced rubbish

I might try the nextbase camera in hope of something better

It is possible I had 2 faulty examples but again this then begs the question of quality and will dod honor the 2 year warrantee when large numbers start failing because for me 2 out of 2 is not good enough for failure rate of 100%

That was a comment from the internet not from me I posted it as an example of what people say about it,

Back