VICO MediaPlayer

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I was just browsing around Vico's site and found the Vico Media Player. I was going to give it a shot, but i tried to open a file from my TF2 and it said to install the K-Lite Codec pack, and my videos play fine in Registrator Viewer so I did not want to fix something that was not broken, but I thought maybe someone else might be interested in giving it a try.

It seems like it supports uploading to YouTube, GPS functions (only Marcus models have GPS I believe.) speed and map display in both MPH and KMH. The version I have is already up to 6.0.0 and this is the first I have seen it. The UI still looks a little rough around the edges.

Download it from Vico's site here.

Last edited:
Really buggy... pressing the open file button takes about 10 seconds to bring up the explorer window, then won't let you navigate around to browse your video files, and hangs. Only works with .mov files as well it seems (so not designed to work with .mp4 which the WF1 uses). And as you said, the graphical interface is really not too professional looking.

This will take a fair bit of development, I think.

Also just in case anyone is curious it needs to be installed. (Unlike Registrator Viewer witch only needs to run) If you need to uninstall it it is listed as N/A in Windows Uninstall Programs in the Control Panel.

I used the uninstall.exe file that was created in the program directory on installation to do the uninstall, not through Control Panel. Worked fine.

Where do you get the codec from?

Thanks - there are various sites which I have never heard of.

Went to one (cnet I think) and the comment was that a virus was in the download.

A bit poor that vicovation would require a third party download and not provide the files :(

video codecs is one of those problem areas, it's very hard to know how you have configured your system, what other codecs you already have etc, if you want to build a lightweight player that's not a resource hog you use the native codecs, earlier versions of Windows don't have what's required and if you include something that clashes with what an end user might have on their system it still has issues, the K-Lite codec pack has everything that is required and then some, this is the site I download it from when needed http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Back