Vico-MF2 GPS

1. try Registrator Viewer, you might find your camera works in that ok, can download from the support page on our website https://streetguardian.info/support
2. will need a firmware update to support SA timezones, you also need a 10.5 option for summer
3. video can't really comment without seeing what you have but default settings are usually fine

thanks for that. Do you know where I can get that from? I tried updating to the 3.2G firmware using the car power outlet to run the firmware update and it gets through the first 5 steps and then turns off which i assume it is trying to do a reboot and then wont turn back on.

check Vico's website maybe, not sure, this is a deleted model so not sure how long it will be supported for with firmware updates

I just purchased this camera and I am hoping someone who already has one might be able to help me out. I have a couple of issues that whilst aren't completely devastating are still annoying,

1. The GPS works on the camera in that it shows the speed but when I go to view the video file in the HD player there is no GPS tracking. Is there something I have to enable or another accessory besides the GPS input that came in the box?
2. I cant get the time zone setting to South Australia which is 9.5+ GMT, there is no option for half settings on the time zone setting which means everytime I turn it on after manually entering the time correctly it updates to be 30 minutes out.
3. The quality of video I seem to be recording is not even close to the videos displayed here. I have tried playing with the settings with no luck changing the resolution etc. Is anyone changing the exposure settings or just using the camera defaults?

Thanks

Hi Nick,

You might not be using the latest version of HD player. Please download registrator viewer from this link and it will show you the GPS tracking info on it.
By far this is the best video viewing software for dashcams. https://yadi.sk/d/Hlbq4wBCkwkbH

The time does get preset by the GPS so I am not too sure if you can manually override it after GPS signal is locked. I am sure you can but I haven't had any issue as such and I don't really take out my card to watch videos unless there was an incident, which rarely happens.

With your last question about the resolution I personally like to use the HDR - 1920 x 1080P 30fps which is a default HDR mode. In this mode HDR controls most of the exposure settings and I never have to change anything on the camera.

There is 1296p extreme HD mode but I don't like to use that as I can't use that with HDR function.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I just purchased this camera and I am hoping someone who already has one might be able to help me out. I have a couple of issues that whilst aren't completely devastating are still annoying,

1. The GPS works on the camera in that it shows the speed but when I go to view the video file in the HD player there is no GPS tracking. Is there something I have to enable or another accessory besides the GPS input that came in the box?
2. I cant get the time zone setting to South Australia which is 9.5+ GMT, there is no option for half settings on the time zone setting which means everytime I turn it on after manually entering the time correctly it updates to be 30 minutes out.
3. The quality of video I seem to be recording is not even close to the videos displayed here. I have tried playing with the settings with no luck changing the resolution etc. Is anyone changing the exposure settings or just using the camera defaults?

Thanks

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the late reply. Here are some answers for you. I hope these helps.

1. There are not settings for GPS on this model. If you have the GPS module connected, you should be able to get the tracking information when you are watching the playback videos. You may also trying playing on Registrator Viewer from www.registratorviewer.com.

2. This feature has been added in our latest firmware. Please go to www.vicovation.com and you may find the upgrade file in the download section.

3. If you think your video quality is not as good as you were expecting, you may email some sample clips to our Customer Service email at service.en@vicovation.com. We will help you determine.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to "turn off" the speed stamping? That means during playback of video clip, it would only show the "Date and Time" stampings without the speed.

I've initially tried using the MF2 without the GPS unit (so that the video playback would not show the speed of car), but then I'll always need to re-set the date and time settings to match current date & time whenever I restart the car again (because my Mf2 unit is not operating when engine is turned off).

Would greatly appreciate advice on the above.

Thank you.

Back