Vico MF3 Essential Updating Tip for the latest Ver. 4.4 out this month February 2018.

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vicovation MF3
New Version 4.4 is now out; it apparently improves reliability/ stability

Note you can NOT update using a 64GB sd card (which is formatted to exFAT)

Works perfectly with a 16 GB SDHC Sandisk ( yep Sandisk the problem cards for vicos :)
It needs to be Formatted as FAT32.

Both Cams on V 4.4 and all as good as gold!

Nice to see they are constantly enhancing it, rather than slamming out a new varient.:):)

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
I normally use old 4 or 8 Gb memory cards ( brand unknown ) for dashcam update, have been working fine since 2013.

If it is reliability/ stability updates, then that's highly important so no way around that.

Moon

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VicoVation MF3 (f) Viofo A119s V2 (r)
Anyone have a link to the latest firmware?

Safari won't allow me to go to VicoVation site as it can't verify the Certificate and deems it risky.
Usually it would give me the option of going there anyway, which I do ... only not this time.

OP
OP
Submariner Gold
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vicovation MF3
Anyone have a link to the latest firmware?

Safari won't allow me to go to VicoVation site as it can't verify the Certificate and deems it risky.
Usually it would give me the option of going there anyway, which I do ... only not this time.
I took the risk
As did a couple of others.
As it seemed the only way ... really didnt like it.
But my iPad did not see a risk, so I chanced it. And no adverse reports from Norton as it downloaded.
Sadly my UK reseller didnt have a download for the MF3.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I took the risk
As did a couple of others.
As it seemed the only way ... really didnt like it.
But my iPad did not see a risk, so I chanced it. And no adverse reports from Norton as it downloaded.
Sadly my UK reseller didnt have a download for the MF3.
it's nothing serious, just their SSL certificate has expired so the browser assumes the worst

Moon

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
@VicoVation
@Chris Hunt

I tried the Update and now my MF3 is not working. I couldn't find a User manual with instructions so had to go with trial and error. All the manuals are the same and only explain the features with no instructions on what steps to take when updating. I've done it before only a little rusty.

I used a small micro card like last time to download the update ... and made sure only the bin file was on the card before putting in Cam.
It asked for update ... yep .. then it asked for reboot with no option ... so ok (I think that is what I pressed?)
The usual bright red light flashed for a few seconds and then went off ... and thought it was done. Pressed the power button lwr right and 2 small red lights on upper and lwr left side of screen came up and couldn't shift them. The only thing that turned them off was to poke the reset button.
As soon as I press the Power button ... the 2 red lights come on and a blank screen. What does this mean?

With no instruction manual with troubleshooting ... I have no idea what is going on. I took the micro card out and replaced with my usual one which didn't make any difference.

I've sent Chris Hunt from DashCam Central where I purchased it an sms and waiting on a reply. In the meantime ... any ideas?

ps. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking - best to ignore updates ... and leave it be if it is working fine.
Fiddling can cause problems, especially where there are no specific instructions as to what you should ... and perhaps shouldn't do.

Last edited:

Chris Hunt

Retailer
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VIOFO..DOD..VicoVation.... Mini Series...
@VicoVation
@Chris Hunt

I tried the Update and now my MF3 is not working. I couldn't find a User manual with instructions so had to go with trial and error. All the manuals are the same and only explain the features with no instructions on what steps to take when updating. I've done it before only a little rusty.

I used a small micro card like last time to download the update ... and made sure only the bin file was on the card before putting in Cam.
It asked for update ... yep .. then it asked for reboot with no option ... so ok (I think that is what I pressed?)
The usual bright red light flashed for a few seconds and then went off ... and thought it was done. Pressed the power button lwr right and 2 small red lights on upper and lwr left side of screen came up and couldn't shift them. The only thing that turned them off was to poke the reset button.
As soon as I press the Power button ... the 2 red lights come on and a blank screen. What does this mean?

With no instruction manual with troubleshooting ... I have no idea what is going on. I took the micro card out and replaced with my usual one which didn't make any difference.

I've sent Chris Hunt from DashCam Central where I purchased it an sms and waiting on a reply. In the meantime ... any ideas?

ps. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking - best to ignore updates ... and leave it be if it is working fine.
Fiddling can cause problems, especially where there are no specific instructions as to what you should ... and perhaps shouldn't do.
On the face of it...looks like you have followed the correct process BUT seems like your firmware has become corrupted in the process.

Best thing to do is go back to the start and do the process again.
Format your Micro SD and ensure it is formatted to "FAT32"..then make sure it is completely empty.
I suggest you download the file again from the Vico site and make sure you have "unpacked" it. IE unzipped it so it reads a the firmware.bin file.
Load only the .bin file only onto your Micro SD card (as you did before).
With your cam switched off put your card into the camera and then power on. Wait for the file to do it's thing and then follow the on screen instructions. If it then powers back on okay then reset to factory and put your settings back to where you want them.

If that fails we'll get onto Vico for advice. They may be a bit slow responding though due to Chinese New Year.

Moon

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
No go.

Tried the process from the start twice and no change - when power on ... top left and bottom right red lights come on ... no screen
Then tried the 4.2 Update to see if it would go back ... nope.
I'm using the same micro SD card you did the first upgrade on ... which I again used for the last 4.2 update.
What does it mean when the 2 red lights only come on and no screen when power comes on?

Last edited:

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo
If I recall correctly, didn’t you have an issue when you tried to update after first buying the camera? Chris eventually sent you the .bin file, already unzipped, on a card? Update went fine with that right?

Your using a MAC correct?