Vico-Power PLUS: 12V/24V Battery Discharge Prevention Hardwire Kit

I always have it running. When I had it set to 6 hours, the camera ran continuously during the day, between stops, and into the late evening after getting home.
Now I have it set to two hours. I drive to 4 or 5 places during the day, and it seems to do what it should, running continuously when the visit is short, and turning off when I'm stuck at a longer call.
I'll try to check the recordings to see how accurate the timer runs.

When the ignition is turned off between stops, the timer resets.

Thanks.

Yes, I should have said that. It has done exactly what it was supposed to.

Just stumbled across this thread..so may be too late to be helpful, but the timer cutting in after two hours, or at any time short of where it was set at, could well be because the vehicles battery is poor condition.... That would cause that too happen....

Just stumbled across this thread..so may be too late to be helpful, but the timer cutting in after two hours, or at any time short of where it was set at, could well be because the vehicles battery is poor condition.... That would cause that too happen....

Timer is inaccurate, has nothing to do with the car's battery. If it was due to the voltage going below the set threshold, the unit would display LVOL (low voltage) as the reason for cutting off, not TIME.

Last edited:
That's fair comment, I wasn't aware the unit would display that...that then would of course be that.

Been little over a year since I've been using this kit, other than the timer function (which I do not use or feel the need for anymore), quite satisfied with how it's performed.

Would still like to see Vico switch to a clock based timer.

won't happen unfortunately, they're not making these anymore

Oh, thanks for the info.

As much as I've harped about the timer issue, I think it's not really needed. When parked I want my connected camera(s) to keep recording till I'm back, what's the point estimating the duration of a stop, simply rely on the voltage cut-off feature.

Any plans for a new kit, if you know?

Got a new battery for the car.

Recording time for two cameras with the cut-off set to 12.2 fell below 30 minutes. 2 years of almost everyday use while parked and overall 3 years life, not bad...

Back