Vico Power Plus : output voltage low

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

I've tested 4 kind of battery protection boxes :

- Power Magic Pro
- Finesafer
- Multisafer Vu
- Vico Power Plus

All work fine, but the Vico has low power output, I've not noticed tjhe same thing with other products.

The power output (cigaret lighter plug) is between 10 and 11.5 V in parking mode, and about 13.5V when driving.
Just after parking, the power decrease quickly to 11.5V and then slowly to 10V in the next hours....
But the real voltage is not 10V at this time, it is 11.6V on the Vico screen and on my voltmeter.

Is there an issue with my Vico Power Plus ?

11.6 on the Vico Screen shows the input volage - and if that's what you are getting with the car off - your car battery is low and may be on the way out. May also be why it's outputting such a low voltage.

You should be seeing 12.4 to 12.6 on the Vico screen with a fully charged car battery (car off).

On the beginning of parking time, voltage is of course something like 12.5.
But after some hours it drops. I have a DR750S-2CH and a Cowon AW1 connected.

Anyway, with Finesafer and Multisafer Vu, input voltage is always matching output voltage.

Vico may be more sensitive to lower input voltage. What voltage do you have the Vico cutting power at? Personnaly, I'd never go below 12.2V. At 11.6V, you are deep discharging the battery and will decrease it lifespan. Good reference here on this site:

https://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/

I had set to 11.8 but when I came back to the car, the voltage was 11.6 and had not cut... I have to investigate this as well...

Measure voltage from fuse and then from battery to see the difference. There can be loss of voltage.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Are you using the Offset function?

I don't use offset function.
The Batt+ cable is connected to the battery, not on fuse box.

Here's a video to show you the problem.

Vico is connected to a variable regulated power supply fixed at 12.5V.
I measure the voltage on the end of the power cable of the Cowon AW1. (it is exactly the same mesuring point as the cigaret lighter output of the Vico)

When no charge, 1V less on the output.
When connecting Blackvue (about 400mA) voltage drops more...
Of course, my 2 voltmeters have exactly same calibration

I've done the same test with the "Finesafer" and the "Multisafer Vu", I've not more than 0.2V difference between input and output, even with 11.8V input.

Last edited:
The VPP is working as it should. The voltage drop is due to the long cable going to the rear.

I've got no such voltage drop with Power Magic Pro, Finesafer and Multisafer Vu on the same cable.

Back