Vico - Power - Plus

Moon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
(f) ViofoA119 PRO 1.32 (r) Viofo A119S V2 + A119v3
http://www.dashcamscentral.com.au/dash-cam/vicovation-vico-power-plus/

If I have 2 Dash Cams and want to get them Hard-wired, and am not intending using Parking mode ... Is there a good case for getting a Vico - Power - Plus at AU$89?

* If you keep an eye on the Battery and regularly charge it

* How important is it to have an over-heating cutoff?

* You are getting 2 Hardwire kits anyway @ AU$20 ea = $40 ... so you might as well pay another $50 and get it done properly ... and score the extras ... yeah??

* Just get a Dual Cigar Input and use that

* What's a $100 bucks ... get it done properly and have a nice neat professional looking setup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curious -

1. Why doesn't the Vico Power Plus have 2 inputs in the side of the unit to plug the Dash Cams into, rather than an external Cigar input? This would be neater, and what I would expect from a 'Premium' priced unit.
Was it designed before Dual systems came onto the market .. or that VicoVation don't do them?

2. Why is there only one Cigar input and not 2 for Dual systems? It means I have to pay another AU$14 to get a twin Cigar input to complete it? So all up AU$103

3. Any sign of an upgraded new model from VicoVation?

Would you use one of these Power plus units for your setup?

Last edited:
if you're not intending to use parking mode and your cameras only run when the car is on then this serves no purpose anyway

Why would you not want the parking mode if using this kit? Confused!

It has other features ... and it is a Hardwire kit ... and I am considering Hardwiring my 2 Cams. If I decide to do that ... I need a Hardwiring kit or 2
If the Parking mode is not used ... then do the other features warrant paying the high price for this unit.. above its basic Hardwire function?

The answer is NO

The hardwire can be done at next to no cost if you can solder or use a pair of pliers and splice in.

Back