Vico-TF2+ Premium ordered

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
I have ordered a Vico-TF2+ Premium via quality dashcams. This dashcam was released in Taiwan only a week ago, thanks to qualitydashcams.com they have ordered one for me directly from VicoVation which gives me an Australian warranty and local support in the event something goes pear shaped - pretty good service considering we all know how much of a headache eBay is when things go sour. This camera supports a hefty 6G Megapixel lens with a 3 Megapixel CMOS and a whopping 160º/140º viewing angle.

When this arrives, I will be taking some photo's, videos, install guide and of course letting everyone know how the service went with qualitydashcams.com. I shall update this post when the hardware arrives, it will be hardwired to my car and connected to the Powermagic Pro since the camera supports motion sensing.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=928

http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=14&lang=en

Stay Tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
jokiin said:
Look forward to your review

To be honest buddy, I reckon this will be on par with your camera. It will be interesting to compare - what Megapixel lens are you using?

I hope you can setup your camera and not be only in chinese.
The most curious thing for me is how is working the automatic night mode.
I hope they solved the crackling sound which was coming from the case.

Too bad that taiwanese companies which are making good dashcams like Flexmedia and VicoVation are using only this type of form factor instead to make it invisible as possible.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I hope you can setup your camera and not be only in chinese.
The most curious thing for me is how is working the automatic night mode.
I hope they solved the crackling sound which was coming from the case.

Too bad that taiwanese companies which are making good dashcams like Flexmedia and VicoVation are using only this type of form factor instead to make it invisible as possible.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yep I have noticed this too with the design, they have very boxy cams, qualitydashcam said he would configure it for me. When an English firmware is out VicoVation said they would email it to me straight away, they said eta was 3 wks from release.

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
Look forward to your review

To be honest buddy, I reckon this will be on par with your camera. It will be interesting to compare - what Megapixel lens are you using?

not sure what their daytime video is like, I'm sure they'd have better night performance though, something we need to improve in our A2 product, new models coming though should see the end of that problem

A2 model uses 5G lens and 5MP sensor, our new product will be using something different though, still undecided, engineering samples hopefully around 6 weeks away we'll have a better idea of where we're at

I hope to not see that red color (which is in all chinese cameras) in your future dashcam. When I watch some video which have not that red everywhere than that video is not from a chinese camera. Until now this is the rule for me and I am very bored about this red.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I hope to not see that red color (which is in all chinese cameras) in your future dashcam. When I watch some video which have not that red everywhere than that video is not from a chinese camera. Until now this is the rule for me and I am very bored about this red.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think different chipsets have different characteristics that are inherent, be that good or bad, next model will be A7 powered and will be interesting to see how it compares to current models

Its well on its way to Oz, YAY!!

If anyone else is keen on one i have ONE (1) I can still sell, Have multiple TF2's for sale to at a great price too! Full English version will be out in a few weeks time for the TF2+, will be stocking them here in Oz.

Keep an eye out for my good selling prices, we wont be beaten!!

Quality Dash Cams said:
Its well on its way to Oz, YAY!!

If anyone else is keen on one i have ONE (1) I can still sell, Have multiple TF2's for sale to at a great price too! Full English version will be out in a few weeks time for the TF2+, will be stocking them here in Oz.

Keep an eye out for my good selling prices, we wont be beaten!!

Awesome service so far, I bought this for my new camera for when it arrives; It has a reflective metal look!

IMG_20130410_212429.jpg

Milamber said:
I have ordered a Vico-TF2+ Premium via quality dashcams. This dashcam was released in Taiwan only a week ago, thanks to qualitydashcams.com they have ordered one for me directly from VicoVation which gives me an Australian warranty and local support in the event something goes pear shaped - pretty good service considering we all know how much of a headache eBay is when things go sour. This camera supports a hefty 6G Megapixel lens with a 3 Megapixel CMOS and a whopping 160º/140º viewing angle.

When this arrives, I will be taking some photo's, videos, install guide and of course letting everyone know how the service went with qualitydashcams.com. I shall update this post when the hardware arrives, it will be hardwired to my car and connected to the Powermagic Pro since the camera supports motion sensing.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=928

Stay Tuned!

Please confirm that TF2+ has motion detection recording, because it not listed in the Vico Features list:

niko said:
Please confirm that TF2+ has motion detection recording, because it not listed in the Vico Features list:http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=14&lang=en

I don't believe my TF2+P does, but it is in my car right now. To be honest i would not use motion detection. I always prefer and suggest to leave it running as often as possible. I have tried it on other cameras and it always seems to miss a little because it has to detect motion and then record, and the camera is already powered on anyhow just not recording. So why not just let it record and capture everything?

CheckYourLights said:
niko said:
Please confirm that TF2+ has motion detection recording, because it not listed in the Vico Features list:http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=14&lang=en

I don't believe my TF2+P does, but it is in my car right now. To be honest i would not use motion detection. I always prefer and suggest to leave it running as often as possible. I have tried it on other cameras and it always seems to miss a little because it has to detect motion and then record, and the camera is already powered on anyhow just not recording. So why not just let it record and capture everything?

To leave it constantly running is a bad idea. There are many drawbacks.
32gb memory card will hold on max resolution only few hours.
In order to fit more data you always need to go into settings to change resolution / fps. To do it daily each time you park your car is too much trouble and waste of time. With lower resolution you get bad vital data recording.
Also later on you have to go through ALL many hours of constant recording data to find that 1min "action" footage.
And of course it going to drain you car battery.
So there are many drawbacks as you can see, thats why "they" invented motion detection rec option.
You right, most dash cams starts recording "too late", when moving object is somewhere in close central area of lens focus, they are using simple motion detection rec activation option. Some dash cams have more advanced technology ( algorithm ) for motion detection rec activation where recording starts almost immediately after moving object "intruded" dash cam lens field of view ( for example Panorama2 has this advanced technology ).
It would be great if Vico would add motion detection rec + also auto parking mode.

I can understand where you are coming from niko. There have been a few times I had sat and skimmed through a few hours of footage in about 15 mins or so. It would be nice to have the choice if Vico had added it. Last time i tried it i had The DVR-027 running with Motion Detect on and it caught someone going the wrong way down a one way street, but by the camera had started recording the car had almost turned off. It is nice to know some devices are improving on this.

and the holding less data is a bit of a big drawback. I can't wait for more cameras to support 64GB cards.

CheckYourLights said:
I can understand where you are coming from niko. There have been a few times I had sat and skimmed through a few hours of footage in about 15 mins or so. It would be nice to have the choice if Vico had added it. Last time i tried it i had The DVR-027 running with Motion Detect on and it caught someone going the wrong way down a one way street, but by the camera had started recording the car had almost turned off. It is nice to know some devices are improving on this.

and the holding less data is a bit of a big drawback. I can't wait for more cameras to support 64GB cards.

Vico AUS vendor promises soon new update for both models to add motion detection

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1474&p=25429#p25429

Panorama2 can record 64sdxc.

Back