Vico-WF 1 firmware upgrade problem

leteus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vico-WF 1
Hello all

Have just purchased and installed a Vico-WF 1, which I am quite impressed with, although the night capture is a little dark............which is why I wanted to install the firmware upgrade ver 1.47 which goes someway to correct this.
However, I have run into a problem..........The upgrade file has to be loaded into the cam via the micro SDHC
card..........problem is how can I transfer the file from my computer to the card, as it appears that win 7 64 bit doesn't recognise SDHC cards (16gb) as it tells me that the card has an unrecognised file system and wants to format it, but I am reluctant to do that as I'm not sure what file system it will format it to, NTFS or FAT 16/32 and I am assuming that the WF 1 probably uses FAT 32. I'm concerned that if it's NTFS and I load the card into the cam it might corrupt the cam, although that's just my assumption......... I also have a Nexus 7 tablet, which although I can add an OTG cable and suitable card reader, will only allow reading not writing!
Anyone have any clues or suggestions as to how I can sort this problem out.

Thank you

Try to replace card reader

Are you using a microSD to SD adapter and then into a USB SD reader? (or is your SD card reader built into your laptop?)

It's safe to format the card FAT32, put the firmware file there, and then see if the WF1 takes it.

Is the read only slider accidentally flipped to the wrong position on your adapter?

Do you have any friends with a laptop that has the SD card reader built in?

Did you try re-formating the microSD card in the WF1 itself via settings?

The upgrade file has to be loaded into the cam via the micro SDHC
card..........problem is how can I transfer the file from my computer to the card, as it appears that win 7 64 bit doesn't recognise SDHC cards (16gb) as it tells me that the card has an unrecognised file system and wants to format it

My Windows Box is a 7 64Bit and i have had no issues with my WF1 in terms of card.
Check over everything JazJon has posted if still having issues give this a shot...

When you put your card in an adapter and in your computer's card reader if it asks to scan and fix or format go ahead and format it. If it formats it NTFS just go to the far left of your file browser one of the Removable Disks should be your micro sd card in the adapter make sure you note witch one it is right click on what ever one it is left click format, and one of the choices in the drop down menu should be FAT 32 re format the card and everything should be okay.

If formatted to NTFS accidentally and stuck it in i don't think you will "hurt" anything, but the camera will not work properly and you will need to reformat the card

Hi
Just wanted to thank all of you for suggestions as to what my problem and possible solutions were.
As it turned out it was the card reader that was the culprit due I think to my reader being some years old and probably not compatible with the microSDHC format of today......Now have a brand new reader which did the job.

Just out of interest, I applied the firmware update ver 1.47 and as far as the night time recording goes, Yes, there is an improvement in as much that overall the videos are slightly brighter and the shadows are definitely lighter.............But, I think that there is a very slight softening overall, not alot, but it's there..............All of the comparisons have been in wet conditions so I will try again when our British weather turns the tap off as wet windscreens are perhaps not the best conditions to give a conclusive result.

Again thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank all of you for suggestions
You are welcome glad you got it to work. It is great to see more people taking a chance on the higher end cameras and having the piece of mind they bring. Hope yours continues to work well and keeps you safe on the road.

Back