VICO-WF1 1.58 FIRMWARE with MOTION DETECTION has been release

Ссылка на студии

The very first motion detection beta FW was v1.56. Got it over month ago. Works fine for me.

V1.58 is final polished version for public.

Does anyone know why WiFi and 3G work together on the iphone but not under Android in 1.58?

Finally! Anybody using a power bank to power their WF1 for parking mode?

I bought one but could not power it using the power bank. It doesn't wanna turn on when the wf1 is connected. The power bank powers my iPad/phones with no issues.
Any ideas?
I don't wanna connect it to my cars battery.

The innovation at Vicovation never stops. I'd like to learn all the ins and outs of how to best set up the power environment.

http://www.vicovation.com/productpage.asp?IDno=18&cata=3&lang=en

"3. Smart Parking Mode:
Smart Parking mode requires special power modification.
Do NOT apply it without modifying your power environment."

I should let them know their Firmware versions are not in order on their website either.
They list V 1.53, then V 1.58, Then V 1.51.
(58 should be at the top)

Vico-WF1 new FW V1.58
★ Improvement:
App Playback video Time-display bug fixed.
★ New function:
1. iOS is able to access 3G Network while connecting to WF1 Wifi at the same time,
allowing to have WF1 connection (via Wifi) with other Apps (via 3G).
This function supports iOS devices only, NOT available for Android devices.
Android users may set WiFi Auto Off function of WF1.
2. Motion Detection:
This is for special surveillance application. DO NOT turn it on while driving use.
3. Smart Parking Mode:
Smart Parking mode requires special power modification.
Do NOT apply it without modifying your power environment.

Here's what we learned>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's a little confusing, but if you really want or need parking mode they did a pretty good job!

You need something like the MultiSafer Power Cut Off BDP (Battery Discharge Prevention)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU87G
Or Power Magic (Blackvue to activate)
http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=13

Motion Detection: This Motion Detection will detect if there is anything, any object pass in front of WF1 (I mean if the lens catch any movement.) If there is anything pass, WF1 will be triggered and start recording.

Smart Parking Mode: Parking Mode is triggered by G-Sensor. Please image that when you are driving or stay inside the car, the G-Sensor (XYZ parameter) is not 0 (is not changing), so WF1 will keep recording rather than enter Parking mode. When your car remain XYZ parameter 0, the WF1 enter Parking Mode. As long as the G value change, WF1 trigger and record.

(Smart parking mode will act a slightly different in different car. The first time you operate this feature with your A car, WF1 detect and calculate the Min and Max movement that you’re a car provide. Then decide when to trigger and record. As a result, when you take WF1 from your A car to B car, you need to default WF1 so that this feature can re-calculate the parameter and ect.)

For these two features, after you start, WF1 takes 10mins to enter Parking mode and Motion detection. The first 10mins is doing normal recording.

When WF1 enter these two feature, the LED light is off.

When you trigger it by shaking your hand (Motion detection) in front of the lens or shake or touch WF1 (Parking Mode), WF1 will wake up and say “recording started”

If you change the environment to install WF1, and wanna activate Motion Detection(Parking Mode).

Because when the first time you enable this feature, WF1 will calculate the Max and Min of the movement to decide when to enter parking mode, and when to activate.

As a result, if you first time operate this feature in house, then you need to default WF1 when you install in your car.

(but you don’t need to default everytime you turn on WF1, only when you change the install environment.)

Last edited:
Vico-WF1 can it work in 2 channel? Wanna have a rear cam as well? thanks

Vico-WF1 can it work in 2 channel? Wanna have a rear cam as well? thanks

The WF1 is a single channel DashCam. As a first generation WiFi DashCam, it can't multi-task either meaning you can't access recordings via WiFi while recording at the same time either.
If you want a great dual channel DashCam solution check out the Panorama X2. (no WiFi though)

Back