Vico-WF1 in the Front, Mini-0801 in the Back. (DUAL CAM ACTION!)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Here's a quick picture in picture video I threw together.

Vicovation Vico-WF1 in the front, Mini 0801 in the back.
At first glance, the WF1 Auto Exposure Control doesn't seem to be as smooth as the Mini 0801. (driving through shadows bright to dark to bright) The sun was setting so there was quite a bit of sun glare from the buildings but still. I'll do more testing and see if Vicovation can make improvements. My windshield isn't as clean as it could be. The microphone is MUCH better at least, and it's a true mono recording so plays from both speakers. Both the Mini 0801 and WF1 bases are easily susceptible to vibrations.

I'm not using the CPL currently, I should probably 3D print a new base for the WF1 so I can use it. Here's my previous CPL project I'm talking about: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...reduce-windshield-dashboard-reflections.2343/

I need to optimize the location of the 0801 in the rear so I don't catch the edge of the window frame. (time to get out the dental floss)

It's pretty fun having full front and rear coverage though! I'm using CyberLink PowerDirector to do Picture in Picture if anyone is wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really great JazJon. I liked the way you set up the third video most with the sort of rear view mirror PIP. Seemed a little off at first just because the ones i used to see were more in the right or left corner, but after watching in the middle seems like a better placement and i remembered too that sometimes exit signs can come up on the left or right.

From watching the YouTube video that explains the software that you posting i am guessing that if something happens directly in front where your PIP is you can always turn the second video stream off and then back on again after you pass by cutting the clip up a little.

JazJon, are you on 1.47? I am running into some issues with that and App 1.2.2, just reported it to Vicovation this morning....But from what I can tell, 1.47's firmware upgrade have slightly better night vision.

Looks really great JazJon. I liked the way you set up the third video most with the sort of rear view mirror PIP. Seemed a little off at first just because the ones i used to see were more in the right or left corner, but after watching in the middle seems like a better placement and i remembered too that sometimes exit signs can come up on the left or right.

From watching the YouTube video that explains the software that you posting i am guessing that if something happens directly in front where your PIP is you can always turn the second video stream off and then back on again after you pass by cutting the clip up a little.

Jokiin gave me the idea in this other thread:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...ial-wf1-front-mini-0801-back.2841/#post-31025

And yes if something is interesting, I'll go ahead and give that segment unobstructed full screen viewing.

JazJon, are you on 1.47? I am running into some issues with that and App 1.2.2, just reported it to Vicovation this morning....But from what I can tell, 1.47's firmware upgrade have slightly better night vision.

I'm on the latest firmware 1.47 and what ever the latest Vicoviewer app is.
(I don't have easy access to my car right now so can't view the app version page)
I'm waiting for them to update the app to support iPhone 5S. The current version doesn't allow me to change any settings. (I can view videos though) They are aware of the bug and should come out with an update shortly.

EDIT, yes 1.2.2, just checked the app store (Oct 16)
So I'm awaiting the next version that will hopefully let my iPhone 5S change all the vico settings like it should. (my friends iPad works fine)

interestingly enough, I was testing 1.2.2 on my iOS 7 iPad... and I can't change any settings. on top of that, when I initiate the file downloads it craps out after 5%...

there's a page for that? I've been contacting their Facebook group.. LOL Thanks!!

Back