Vicovation Dash Cams

paraman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone else used these products, TF2 TF1 etc.

I have a TF2 camera and seems to work well, great video quality and is really reliable. The good thing with this model is it can handle the high Australian temps. The lens is high quality 6G (6Glass) and senor is also great.

Would love to hear if anyone else has seen them or used them?

Good thing is they have a stockist here in Australia which also covers New Zealand. All local with local warranty.

Interesting, got a link?

Here is a good review:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard mostly positive things regarding the Vicovation cameras. The main complaints are the high price tag and no GPS. The form factor is the typical square Taiwanese style which some people don't like. I think the high price tag scares people off hence why it is not that popular.

DashCamMan said:
I have heard mostly positive things regarding the Vicovation cameras. The main complaints are the high price tag and no GPS. The form factor is the typical square Taiwanese style which some people don't like. I think the high price tag scares people off hence why it is not that popular.

Interesting mate that this dashcam over in Australia is under $300, the quality seems to be somewhat better than the FineVu (less pixely). It will be interesting to see what level of English support so far as firmware is provided.

Milamber said:
DashCamMan said:

Interesting mate that this dashcam over in Australia is under $300, the quality seems to be somewhat better than the FineVu (less pixely). It will be interesting to see what level of English support so far as firmware is provided.

I have had no problem with English firmware updates....

paraman said:
I have had no problem with English firmware updates....

How do you update the firmware, is it via an application?

Just download the new firmware to the SD Card and then put the card into the camera, hold down a couple of buttons while turning it on and it up dates the camera. Very easy to do!

paraman said:
Just download the new firmware to the SD Card and then put the card into the camera, hold down a couple of buttons while turning it on and it up dates the camera. Very easy to do!

Sounds like the same way I update my GS1000 and FineVu CR500.

When you update your firmware is it in English too?

Hello Coretech

Are you guys selling this camera?

CoreTech said:
Milamber said:
Hello Coretech

Are you guys selling this camera?
Hey Milamber, not the DS-2 unfortunately.

The TF2+ is a potential + upcoming WiFi model.... that is once we complete the evaluation.

Furthermore, this model is only available in Taiwan/China due to chinese firmware version.

I never knew it had wifi!

One thing I noticed your video of this camera you posted even in 1080P is really bad quality, it looks like 240p.

CoreTech said:

Perhaps you need to update your media player application or better yet, a new video card on your computer? (just a suggestion).

The WiFi refers to a new unannounced model. Not the TF series.

I have a good computer, I use it for 3D gaming :)

2x GTX580 video cards (SLI)
2500K @4.8Ghz
16GB RAM

I don't play YouTube videos in a media player other than a web browser like Chrome, I tested your video in IE and Firefox and its very low res at 1080P, looks like 240p - has anyone else got this problem? I want to make sure it's not just me! ;)

Coretech Video:

Example from an uploader

Probably just all that fancy editing.

I always prefer good old unedited versions! :D

jamesbcd said:
Probably just all that fancy editing.

I always prefer good old unedited versions! :D

There must be a lot of fancy editing going on then!! (see below) and some awesome software to upscale from 240P to 1080P!! :shock:

CoreTech said:
The TF2+ is a potential + upcoming WiFi model...
A future camera will have Wi-Fi or the actual TF2+?

enjoy,
Mtz

Very nice video, what vehicle is model is that at 1:20?

Back