VicoVation Vico MF3 Users Thread -

Submariner Gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vicovation MF3
Having just bought one
I thought it might be useful to have a Sub Forum area for FM3 Users, as we seem to be so few.
Might be nice to introduce yourselves, and a few facts.

MF3 Date used from: 11/1/2018
MF3 Firmware and if upgraded: e.g. "Ver. 4.2 upgraded when purchased. Successful Upgrade 1st time: Yes or No
Yes, note Mercedes Keyless Go can hiccup it, and you have to “Confirm” the ‘Reboot X’ . But its good code i.e. provides an on the fly additional script to handle it.

Currently happily working: Yes or No? Yes very pleased with the image quality.

CPL Filter used? : Std. Vico or other specify ...Not ordered yet.
( I put a cheeky offer price of £10 on a decent £14 delivered NiSi 30mm CPL, lets see if the reseller accepts it :-/ )
Coming on the slow boat from China ... :(

Main Resolution Used : 14440p HDR
Micro SD Card Used: Samsung Pro PLUS 64GB 100/95 MB/s

Power: e.g. Std Cigar lighter
Other Vico Power options: No

Any previous issues:
Resolved Yes or No?: None so far.

If you have abandoned using it, why, what replaced it, and are you happy with the replacement?: N/A

Last edited:
I'm in ... us Vicos are a rare species around these parts. I'm happy with mine ... only I need some more runs on the board to judge its reliability over the longer term.
Had it for about 6 months and good so far. I use a cig input extention. Sometimes it doesn't turn on and I have to do it manually.
Probably the connection at the cig input hub .. reach up and press a button ... no biggie :cool:

Last edited:
For UK users, I got exceptional support from HiDigitsl Eye ... the official UK importer/ Distributor. See Amazon and eBay.
He was Happy to let one check out any questionable instructions ... like the update instructions says >> after Update “Reset” the unit. <<
They actually mean reset the options via the Reset factory settings option in the Menu. I.e. do not press the hard ‘Reset’ button on the base of the unit. Tha
That is only there in case it freezes.

Back