VicoVation Vico-TF2+

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
VicoVation has just released a new camera. It is called the Vico-TF2+. The English site does not have the camera yet.

Vico_20132332043.jpg

It is very similar to the Vico-TF2 but has a wider angle and a scheduling feature. The scheduling feature lets you set a times for day and night. The camera will adjust the WDR Exposure level at those times to optimize day and night recording. I'm sure we will start seeing this feature on more cameras with WDR since it will ensure better quality in the day and night.

DashCamMan said:
The scheduling feature lets you set a times for day and night. The camera will adjust the WDR Exposure level at those times to optimize day and night recording. I'm sure we will start seeing this feature on more cameras with WDR since it will ensure better quality in the day and night.

something I've been looking at also

Yeah, another idea of mine used by others. :cry:
Remember jokiin?

enjoy,
Mtz

Not very nice where i live, in winter we have daylight maybe 4 hour and in summer 19 hour, so not very convenient to us.
Some kind of light sensor with delay would do the trick.

When I had my idea about this, was in this way:
1. if GPS, the camera will have an internal program to adjust the daylight time for every zone, based on some internal GPS time-zone programming
2. if no GPS, the user will select his city and based on its internal programming the camera to adjust the daylight time based on every zone.
This can be created via software.

If this is possible with PC software to calculate, for sure is possible with dashcam software because is simple.

enjoy,
Mtz

MTZ, great idea! Very smart!!!

Yes...Mtz shared this idea a while ago in this post. Perhaps the manufacturers are listening ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering replacing my Finevu CR500 with one of these. Does anyone know of an Australian seller? Also curious to know if the power uses same end as the blackvue and FineVu products, since I have that hardwired already.

I agree the CR500 night vision is pretty hard to beat! Daytime is crystal clear too!

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
Considering replacing my Finevu CR500 with one of these..

I think that might be a step backward, what's your thinking on why the TF2+?

How so? The VicoVation Vico-TF2+ has a 3 Megapixel CMOS and a 6G Megapixel lens and it has an operation temp of 75 degrees and a 85 storage temp. I guess I need to see a comparison video.

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
Milamber said:
Considering replacing my Finevu CR500 with one of these..

I think that might be a step backward, what's your thinking on why the TF2+?

How so? The VicoVation Vico-TF2+ has a 3 Megapixel CMOS and a 6G Megapixel lens and it has an operation temp of 75 degrees and a 85 storage temp. I guess I need to see a comparison video.
Megapixels don't mean squat for video recording, since even 1080p is barely above the 2 MP mark (could be rounded down to 2 MP, precise number is 2,073,600).
It's better to have exactly the amount needed than to have smaller receptors in the lens, which means there's more dead space on the lens because there needs to be a little space between the receptors.
Lower MP count also requires less processing power for downscaling, having exactly the amount needed means no processing required to scale down at all.

So I guess companies don't need to develop dashcameras with a higher mega pixel lens then, since 1920x1080 is the maximum we are using?

The footage from the VicoVation Vico-TF2+ look far more superior than the FineVu CR500.

For sale in Australia and NZ @ qualitydashcams.com
Comes with 12month warranty, locally.

I have brought one already and its a great product and video/audio quality is very good, both day and night.

I am not sure but I think this is the first camera which let you put your desired name on the video.

In chinese is this:
分享屬於"我"的影片
透過VicoTag幫您的影片簽名,與世界分享個人化的 行車影片。

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I am not sure but I think this is the first camera which let you put your desired name on the video.
enjoy,
Mtz

Can you explain further what you mean here?

paraman said:
I have brought one already and its a great product and video/audio quality is very good, both day and night.
Great! Upload some videos from day and night to youtube, but better will be if you want to upload the original video to check the original quality.
If my translation is correct, you can write paraman on the video recording.

jokiin said:
For example look at this video:

2013/03/26-19:52:29-VicoTag6: VICOTF2+
to become after you action in camera settings:
2013/03/26-19:52:29-VicoTag6: jokiin
or
2013/03/26-19:52:29-VicoTag6: Mtz

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
paraman said:
Great! Upload some videos from day and night to youtube, but better will be if you want to upload the original video to check the original quality.
If my translation is correct, you can write paraman on the video recording.

jokiin said:
For example look at this video:

2013/03/26-19:52:29-VicoTag6: VICOTF2+
to become after you action in camera settings:
2013/03/26-19:52:29-VicoTag6: jokiin
or
2013/03/26-19:52:29-VicoTag6: Mtz

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes correct, you could put a personal "identity" On YOUR video, very cool idea.

There are lots of video on you tube..

Back