VicoVation Vico-TF2+

Ok, wasn't sure what you meant, we've had 10 character user selectable text embedded in the video for more than a year now

That is great. Until now I didn't see any dashcam video on youtube (and I saw a lot), except some video from you, but I was thinking that is some engineering sample and that jokkin was made by the firmware developer specially for you.
The font color can be changed in your dashcam settings? I think white can be nicer, but not a pure white, but maybe 90%. For example if you will look at DVD subtitles you will see them are not white, but a little gray and maybe a little transparent. More of DVD subtitles are too gray and ugly.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
That is great. Until now I didn't see any dashcam video on youtube (and I saw a lot), except some video from you, but I was thinking that is some engineering sample and that jokkin was made by the firmware developer specially for you.
The font color can be changed in your dashcam settings? I think white can be nicer, but not a pure white, but maybe 90%. For example if you will look at DVD subtitles you will see them are not white, but a little gray and maybe a little transparent. More of DVD subtitles are too gray and ugly.

enjoy,
Mtz

when you see the text in my sample http://www.jokiin.com/images/car_dvr_screenshot.jpg JOK-11N that's actually the license number on one of my cars http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k53 ... G_4290.jpg there is 10 digits available there for the user to enter whatever they want in the setup menu, most people see that and just think it is something to do with my forum user name, they don't think it relates to the car at all

I'm looking to change the font colour soon, maybe the font also but that's a bigger project, we have some new models to work on that are bigger priority at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the font color is not very hard to change but if you ever change or use a font in any dashcam remember that always the 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 numbers must to have the same width.

enjoy,
Mtz

Changing the font needs more research still, I'm not sure at this stage how much adjustment we have yet, will know later this week, have someone here that has offered to do the new fonts that is familiar with the requirement, just need to see what's possible, will certainly be something I'll be discussing with our engineer later this week, a bunch of other stuff as well that is probably more important though

The GS9000 also has a customizable stamp. I think it's 9 charachters, goes in the upper right corner.

Jokiin, that screenshot is the clearest I've ever seen in a dash cam. Is that unit for sale yet? MPH option?

Chad said:
The GS9000 also has a customizable stamp. I think it's 9 charachters, goes in the upper right corner.

Jokiin, that screenshot is the clearest I've ever seen in a dash cam. Is that unit for sale yet? MPH option?

We only sell it in Australia at the moment, I have already got selectable KPH or MPH display as a user menu option, I did this in preparation for other markets but we aren't selling it anywhere else as yet

jokiin said:
Chad said:

We only sell it in Australia at the moment, I have already got selectable KPH or MPH display as a user menu option, I did this in preparation for other markets but we aren't selling it anywhere else as yet

I never knew you sold it in Australia mate, how much and can you flick some photos over of the dashcam mounted?

Milamber said:
I never knew you sold it in Australia mate, how much and can you flick some photos over of the dashcam mounted?

$155 delivered inc GST, mounted it looks like any other GS1000 style camera I guess

jokiin said:
Milamber said:

$155 delivered inc GST, mounted it looks like any other GS1000 style camera I guess

Are you able to give me some specs, operating temps, CMOS Sensor, CPU and viewing angle in degrees etc?

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
Milamber said:

Are you able to give me some specs, operating temps, CMOS Sensor, CPU etc?

have posted here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=704&p=8663#p8663 rather than dragging this further off topic than we already have

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
have posted here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=704&p=8663#p8663 rather than dragging this further off topic than we already have

Nice one, thanks for the info. Some very neat specs jokiin :)

thanks, it's not perfect but about as far as we can go on that platform, working on new models that we'll be able to do more with, still a while away though

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
jokiin said:

Nice one, thanks for the info. Some very neat specs jokiin :)

thanks, it's not perfect but about as far as we can go on that platform, working on new models that we'll be able to do more with, still a while away though

Yep, well I think the hardware is as good as it gets and from the photo's you have uploaded it shows. I will probably lean towards a TF2+ when it is released next week from Taiwan, simply because of the operating temps - my old GS1000 also buckled around the edges with the heat.

I will keep an eye on your progress.

Mtz said:
I think the font color is not very hard to change but if you ever change or use a font in any dashcam remember that always the 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 numbers must to have the same width.

enjoy,
Mtz
That's called a monospaced font.

One ebay seller is selling this cam around $290. The GS8000 is just about $95. Is this cam 3 times better than GS8000? I can not find battery info of this cam. Any idea?

bshDCT said:
One ebay seller is selling this cam around $290. The GS8000 is just about $95. Is this cam 3 times better than GS8000? I can not find battery info of this cam. Any idea?

I don't have one yet, but the quality of the Vicovation looks very good, plus the operational temps are the best i've seen. The last thing you want is a dashcam igniting in the heat whilst our car is parked up! I have often wondered how those batteries go in 70+ temps.

Back