VicoVation Vico-TF2+

No, I have not ordered it yet. But thanks for your info.

CoreTech said:
bshDCT said:
One ebay seller is selling this cam around $290.

Hi bshDCT, just curious did you end up ordering one from your Canadian store?

Our Australian store is currently running a early bird special for the Vicovation TF2+ (Plus) for $265 :D
No I have not ordered it yet. But thanks for your info.

Looks perfect aside from no GPS?

Wide angle on the test videos looks great, whole upto both pillars in shot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Looks perfect aside from no GPS?

Wide angle on the test videos looks great, whole upto both pillars in shot.

I googled vico vation for contact details because I need to know bitrate before I buy, look what I found

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 368&type=3

PHWOAR!! Free one with every camera please.

Sorry for double post, bloody tapatalk!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
GPS would be no biggy for me. It's how big it is as I wouldn't need the screen and the lack of parking mode. :(
The video does seem great on it though.

I currently have the TF2 + in stock in Perth. I will not be beaten on price. PM if your interested in buying one.

Here is my review of quality dashcams who sourced the camera for me just one week after release... First Australian!

viewtopic.php?p=11795#p11795

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Racing footage record by Artofspeedracing edition TF2+

Hey Milamber now that you have had it for a few months any more thoughts on the Vico?

cheery3853 said:
Racing footage record by Artofspeedracing edition TF2+

Why mount it to a race car? :ugeek:

Quintas said:
Why mount it to a race car? :ugeek:

In this video it may have been pointed at the driver with the TF2 in view to show that the mount can hold up to the stresses of running a track. Sharp turns hard braking and acceleration.

There are a few reasons both a professional or weekend track day driver may mount a DashCam in their car.

Cheaper then an all out camera set up for race cars (Roof, door, and hood type deal)

In case an accident happens on the track. Race drivers can get penalized for accidents depending on the type of racing and what happened in the way of points, fines, or being pulled off the track.

The driver can also use the video after the fact to help understand the course. weather the person races there every few weekends or once every year. The driver will have video to come back to to help better understand the layout of the track and use it to help make improvements to his driving or tune the car differently.

For accurate picture, please change the viewing quality to 1080P in the youtube settings ( mechanical bolt in bottom right hand corner) . Thank you.

What do you think?

Please excuse the music!

Right, that's it. I'm gonna buy the Vico-TF2+ Premium. :cool:

I'm still working on trying to get my settings dialed in and working out the seclude thing correctly, but it looks way better then my DVR-027 and GS8000. it does rather well in low light conditions. I'm impressed with it so far.

I think i have finally got mine set decently. It still has a little trouble reading plates from time to time, but i try to make a habit of calling out plates to the camera if something happens. I think once i get it aimed more correctly plates will be more viable sometimes they are readable and sometimes not while playing the raw file in VLC.

Compared to my DVR-027 it is light years ahead. It sees really well in the dark. The street i park on has one streetlight on each block and the camera can see great with the one light in view it's a little grainy, but it's not that bad and we are talking 2-3 am with one streetlight. The WDR seems to really make a bit of difference during night time driving with headlights coming at you. I have left it in my car with the windows up for about 4-5 days and heat is not an issue it seems built really well and sturdy.

So far for me the TF2 Plus Premium has been really great and defiantly worth the money.

Pluses for me include
Really good Image Quality during the day
Rather good Image Quality at night under one street light.
A mute button
Being able to rotate the image and stick the camera on the top of a glass roof suction side down
The Vico Scheduler allowing me to set different EV Values and WDR setting for day and night to get the best image i can depending on the time.
The Event button so when something happens push a button and it is protected. I can go a few days without worrying about loosing interesting footage
The plate stamping is a nice feature, but needs more space
It has a big screen and i am screen on my camera kind of person. It even seems to have aiming guides with i need to pay more attestation to.

Some small negatives include.
You can not set clip length. I happen to like it's 5 min clip setting, but some people may not and i can not seem to change it.
When you press the mute button it only seems to stay muted until a new clip starts.
Some times i can read a plate of the car in front on me sometimes not, but i think this is more so to do with the way i have it facing in my car.
Some clips i have seen posted look slightly better then my TF2+P raw files, and some seem as good as mine, but i am sure you get that with every camera.

All in all i am currently extremely happy with my TF2. If it is within your budget i would recommend it.

Re: VicoVation Vico-TF2+ / WF1 16gb

Hi there!

We do offer English version of VicoVation car drive video recorders at our online UK store. There are ALL VicoVation models displayed and currently in-stock.

VICO-WF1 16GB IN STOCK NOW! RETAIL PRICE £190

Vico-TF2+ Premium 16GB - £170

Vico-TF2 Premium 16GB - £160

Vico-TF2EZ 16GB - £150

Vico-SF2 16GB - £120

DISPATCH & POSTAGE WITHING 24 HOURS!
FREE NEXT DAY UK DELIVERY INCLUDED!
EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY AVAILABLE!

VISIT http://www.vicovation.co.uk / http://www.bebutton.com

CheckYourLights said:
Hey Milamber now that you have had it for a few months any more thoughts on the Vico?

Sorry mate, only just saw your message. The VicoVation has been fantastic, it stands up to the Australian temperatures with an awesome non operational temp of 80 degrees when not in use. I'm using the sticky back mount which is excellent, I do wonder how it would look with the suction cup mount though. I agree some of the YouTube videos look much better, not sure what's going on there. Do you have your camera slightly angled down? I'll take some pictures tomorrow for you of my set up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back