VicoVation WF1 app disappeared?

eug

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Has anyone noticed that the VicoViewer app has disappeared from the Google Play store? Will any other app work with this camera?

Mmm, it asks for a login in Russian.

It's disappointing to see VicoVation abandon devices like this. The app wasn't the best, but it did do the job. Small manufacturers that only make their app available as a standalone apk doesn't give any reassurance of security.

Mmm, it asks for a login in Russian.

It's disappointing to see VicoVation abandon devices like this. The app wasn't the best, but it did do the job. Small manufacturers that only make their app available as a standalone apk doesn't give any reassurance of security.

more likely just that someone has a copy of it, not that it's their distribution model

more likely just that someone has a copy of it, not that it's their distribution model
Yes, but now that they've withdrawn the app from the store, the only way anyone can use the headline wifi feature of the WF1 is by sideloading an apk.

yeah no idea why the app is gone, maybe their account expired, I'd assume Google will pull apps if the dev account lapses

yeah no idea why the app is gone, maybe their account expired, I'd assume Google will pull apps if the dev account lapses
The OPIAViewer app is still there, so their account is still alive. I really wonder what made them pull it.

Back