Video editing problems

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
So today i have played around a little with the A139, and run into some problems editing its internal camera and rear camera footage.

Using the exact same output parameter's for video, the footage from the front camera are just fine, but the footage from the two other cameras are speed up for some reason.
I can choose another output parameter ( windows media player ???? you can see it as one of the options in the video below ) and then the interior camera and rear camera are just fine, but H264 which i normally use and HEVC just will not work.

So as i do the same with the clips it must be the output files from the video camera, though playing the raw files on my computer work just fine, it is only when i edit the videos the 2 of the 3 cameras go all funny on me.

Here is a screen capture of me editing footage from all 3 cameras, starting with the front footage thats all fine.

Anyone have any ideas what go on ???

I have no idea why there is an issue. But I would suggest you try another video editor. One wish has a free trail period or is totally free. You can then assertain if the edoter has an issue or the camera(s).
Also have you used Handbrake? It is a video transcoder software.
If you use this you can ensure that all the files are exactly the same format.
https://handbrake.fr/

I assume they are all the same, from the same camera at least.
On their own the videos play just fine on my computer, it is only when i run then thru powerdirector the problem occur with 2 of the cameras.

I have just updated my codec pack too, so will try and experiment again tomorrow, i have just put the A139 camera on a hard wire kit and enabled parking guard.
Will also try and change the camera to H.265 instead of the default H.264 to see if that make any changes.

I do have pinnacle ultimate on my computer too, just not used that one in a while.

Okay i can edit files in pinnacle studio just fine, or at least the 1 time i have tried will experiment mere later.
I now read that a windows update not long ago are causing a lot of problems, so this could also be it, though i have not seen any problems elsewhere.
So i just tried to delete a bunch of the latest windows updates, but that did not make any changes for the mixing the A139 footage and save it as H.264.

Okay i think i got it now, it go wrong every time i use hardware encoding, so now i am inclined to think it is a driver issue for my 5700 XT graphics card
So next up updating ( i think there is a new driver today ) or downgrading driver,,,,, either way

No that wasent it either ( tried a new GFX driver )

I assume they are all the same, from the same camera at least.
On their own the videos play just fine on my computer, it is only when i run then thru powerdirector the problem occur with 2 of the cameras.

I have just updated my codec pack too, so will try and experiment again tomorrow, i have just put the A139 camera on a hard wire kit and enabled parking guard.
Will also try and change the camera to H.265 instead of the default H.264 to see if that make any changes.

I do have pinnacle ultimate on my computer too, just not used that one in a while.
Don't use codec packs

Back