Video File Currupt

scottm

Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems like whenever I view my footage on my laptop, the most recent video file won't play at all. Am I not ejecting the SD card correctly? Do I need to stop recording, THEN pull out the SD card? or something else.

All other videos will load as expected, just the most recent will be corrupt.

I'm using 1440p resolution. 5 minute segments.

Thanks for the help!

It seems like whenever I view my footage on my laptop, the most recent video file won't play at all. Am I not ejecting the SD card correctly? Do I need to stop recording, THEN pull out the SD card? or something else.

All other videos will load as expected, just the most recent will be corrupt.

I'm using 1440p resolution. 5 minute segments.

Thanks for the help!
You cannot remove the card while the camera is recording. Either stop the current recording or turn the camera off first.

^^This. I've seen this happen if ejecting the SD card while the camera is powered on. Because the writing of the current file is interrupted it doesn't write an end-of-file marker I'd imagine.

> You cannot remove the card while the camera is recording. Either stop the current recording or turn the camera off first.
> ^^This. I've seen this happen if ejecting the SD card while the camera is powered on. Because the writing of the current file is interrupted it doesn't write an end-of-file marker I'd imagine.

Thank you both for your replies! Glad this is just a user error.

Back