Video files not overlapping - 2,3 second gap

dbbarron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using a Mobius Mini with 128gb (fast) sandisk memory card and when I exceed the single file limit, the Mobius creates a new file, but there is a 2-3 second (it varies) gap between the files; thus missing footage. I had though the MM overlaps files to avoid this issue?

I'm using MOV format.

Thoughts?

then it's going to have a gap when it closes the file and starts a new one, better to run with loop on, you can easily remove the overlap and export as a single file without having to reencode the video if that's a concern

I am using the Mobius Mini for a race car pedal cam. It will be wired so when the car is running, the Mobius get power (and automatically records), Typical sessions will be 30-60min with up to 8 sessions per day. Thus, I want to have a discrete file per session. Will loop mode allow this? I should use less than the card capacity per day so I never expect the file to 'loop'.

Also, I just looked at the micro SD card formatted in-camera and it indicated ExFat - 64gB card Sandisk Extreme - is this proper formatting?

there might be some differences with the Mini, not sure if it behaves in the same way as the original Mobius, for the original it's no problem

I just tried with loop mode ON. I recorded about 40min which resulted in 2 files as expected and now there is a 1 second gap between the end of the first file and start of the second. So there is still a gap, but seemingly a smaller one, even in loop mode.

Thoughts?

might be how the Mini is, not sure, someone else may know but it's not a popular model here as it doesn't really suit dashcam use

I acquired a Mobius and yes, there is definitely a 1 second overlap between video segments in loop mode with max length at 5min.

Then I realized that I never tried the Mobius Mini with max length at 5min.
Interestingly enough, setup the same as the Mobius the files align back to back, no overlap at all.

Back