Video Guide on Updating the A119's Firmware

one interesting point is that you use the phone charger during the firmware update instead of the usb power of the computer ( at 2'18'' in the video )

I recommend also to use a better usb cable, the one provided with the A119 may have poor quality, if I use the original usb cable on my computer ( under linux ) then sometimes the device is set to USB 1.1 speed instead of USB 2.0 speed, with a new USB cable there is no problem of speed transfer

one interesting point is that you use the phone charger during the firmware update instead of the usb power of the computer ( at 2'18'' in the video )

I recommend also to use a better usb cable, the one provided with the A119 may have poor quality, if I use the original usb cable on my computer ( under linux ) then sometimes the device is set to USB 1.1 speed instead of USB 2.0 speed, with a new USB cable there is no problem of speed transfer

Yup, I think there's more chances of problems happening during the longer firmware update. Jokiin is a fan of using it as well. As well it has the advantage of being able to clear the settings right after the update, no need to switch back to your vehicle.

It would be good to use another cable but I designed this video for most people to use as they probably won't buy a separate cable just for updates. If they need something faster a card reader would be the best option.

A lot easier if one has access to a second micro SD card when dealing with an update that includes the loader file as well. Two cards with the firmware on one, loader on the other and a wall charger or the dash cam power supply should suffice.

I tried using an old 2gb card to flash the firmware on another camera (I think it was the a118), but it wouldn't work. I think it was because the card was only class 4, and the camera couldn't read from it. It was formatted fat 32 so that wasn't the problem.

I tried using an old 2gb card to flash the firmware on another camera (I think it was the a118), but it wouldn't work. I think it was because the card was only class 4, and the camera couldn't read from it. It was formatted fat 32 so that wasn't the problem.

Class4 is no problem, 2gb might have been though

thanks for the video @AndrewL i'm sure it will help many users who have no idea / have been daunted by the task of updating the firmware. Definitely should be a sticky thread.

Back