Video lurches every few seconds Gitup Git2

The clip posted looks fine if compared to what I've seen from other users, you're probably referring to the way the camera is handling the gyro stabilisation.

Are you transferring the clip to a phone or laptop and then playing it? If playing from the SD card, it could be a part of the problem.

Hi @jokiin thanks for the reply. Please check the last 1 min of video. It can be subtle or hard to spot when moving quickly. @jokiin I'll be able to find out the memory card later

The clip posted looks fine if compared to what I've seen from other users, you're probably referring to the way the camera is handling the gyro stabilisation.

Are you transferring the clip to a phone or laptop and then playing it? If playing from the SD card, it could be a part of the problem.[/QUOTE

@harsh the play back is from a transfered file and been played from laptop / smart phone. It is not been played back from the card

@harsh the play back is from a transfered file and been played from laptop / smart phone. It is not been played back from the card

Hi @jokiin thanks for the reply. Please check the last 1 min of video. It can be subtle or hard to spot when moving quickly. @jokiin I'll be able to find out the memory card later

I'll agree that that makes for very poor sample video to check for the problem you mention but there's no skipping or whatever to be seen

@jokiin @harsh I have checked the footage on you tube also and there is no issue. So the cause is either my phone umi super of the memory card. And not a problem with git2.t his is good.

How do I confirm a phone issue or memory card issue ?

If it was the memory card the problem would still be there on YouTube, plenty of devices can't play higher than 1080p30 files smoothly, a different player can sometimes do better though

@jokiin I played it back on vlc for android. Amazing quality but the lurch or stagger was more pronounced.

I think it has to be the phone (umi super) as the drop box clip was uploaded from file on SD card in phone and the you tube clips up loaded from separate file on laptop top that plays 2 k. There is not problem there so appears localized to phone.

Recommend fix for phone ?

Closing this thread -
Root Cause - The smartphone is having difficulty playing the video (1080P60) as recorded by Git2 - Its an issue with the smart phone (UMI Super) and not the Git2 or the memory card.
Special thanks to @harsh @jokiin

Back