Video no Audio

JTBY

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Viofo A119S Iroad Q9 VAVA Dashcam
My A119S V1(i suppose) is still recording. I was trying to update the firmware earlier on and went on to view the recorded video. I found out that the videos are without audio, some has abit of static sounds. I'm not entirely sure what's the problem. I'll try tonight with another Micro SD card.

And my warranty just expired in Dec 2017....... so hopefully its just a card issue.

My A119S V1(i suppose) is still recording. I was trying to update the firmware earlier on and went on to view the recorded video. I found out that the videos are without audio, some has abit of static sounds. I'm not entirely sure what's the problem. I'll try tonight with another Micro SD card.

And my warranty just expired in Dec 2017....... so hopefully its just a card issue.
If, by chance, the videos you looked at were recorded in Time-lapse Recording mode or Time-lapse in Parking Mode, there would be no audio. Time-lapse recordings have a P suffix on the filename.

If, by chance, the videos you looked at were recorded in Time-lapse Recording mode or Time-lapse in Parking Mode, there would be no audio. Time-lapse recordings have a P suffix on the filename.

Even those not in parking mode have no sound.

Did you turn off the sound?There is a setting on menu. Transcend or Samsung Micro SD card are better to try.

Did you turn off the sound?There is a setting on menu. Transcend or Samsung Micro SD card are better to try.

If the mic is turned off, "static sounds" won't be present.

Seems like a faulty microphone.

audio is on, i double checked. Second card got no sound too just static sounds. I'm trying out a totally new card later to rule out card problem.
If the mic is turned off, "static sounds" won't be present.

Seems like a faulty microphone.

i certainty hope not... just out of warranty for 1 month.

alright, just tested with a third micro SD card and its a totally new card. Going to rule out card problem, the microphone is probably dead.......

audio is on, i double checked. Second card got no sound too just static sounds. I'm trying out a totally new card later to rule out card problem.

if it's silent when the mic is off, and you get static when the mic is on, it's 99% a mic fault

what are you playing back the files on?

is your media player sound on?? If I play files on windows media player they're fine, if they play on "movies and TV" there's no sound

If I play files on windows media player they're fine, if they play on "movies and TV" there's no sound
Strange, I frequently use the "Movies and TV" app on a Windows 10 PC to playback A119/A119S videos and have sound. Check the app volume control.

Have you tried playing back the video on the A119 itself?

that i have not try, but what is it going to rule out? PC problem? I tried playing the files on 2 computers too..

if it's silent when the mic is off, and you get static when the mic is on, it's 99% a mic fault

yeah, my time lapse videos are entirely silent.

what are you playing back the files on?

is your media player sound on?? If I play files on windows media player they're fine, if they play on "movies and TV" there's no sound

vlc player?

Strange, I frequently use the "Movies and TV" app on a Windows 10 PC to playback A119/A119S videos and have sound. Check the app volume control.

volume max

yeah, my time lapse videos are entirely silent.

timelapse has no audio, that's the expected result

just do a test recording (normal not timelapse) and toggle the mic on and off, if it's silent when the mic is off, and has static when on, then the mic is faulty

just do a test recording (normal not timelapse) and toggle the mic on and off, if it's silent when the mic is off, and has static when on, then the mic is faulty

alright will do just that.

Just tested, static sounds heard when mic is on, silent when mic is off.

faulty mic

yeah, trying to seek help from viofo and foxoffer now. waiting for response.

I ordered on 19th Dec 2016 and the item was shipped out 20th Dec 2016, and i got the package around mid to third week of Jan 2017 because of the holidays, so not sure if they will honour the warranty since technically its over..

they could probably just send you a mic for it if you have someone that could fit it, only take a few minutes to do and perhaps cheaper and quicker than freighting a camera back and forward

Back