Video no Audio

they could probably just send you a mic for it if you have someone that could fit it, only take a few minutes to do and perhaps cheaper and quicker than freighting a camera back and forward

i mean if there is a youtube video on how to do it, i could probably do it myself.

doubt there is a YouTube video but not a difficult job if you're handy with a soldering iron

alright, i'll just wait for their reply then. who knows they might just ignore me and i have a valid reason to look for a better brand.

alright, i'll just wait for their reply then. who knows they might just ignore me and i have a valid reason to look for a better brand.
Have you ever check your email? Maybe they have replied you but you ignore their email?

Have you ever check your email? Maybe they have replied you but you ignore their email?

they just replied me by email and they kinda notice my thread on the issue in this forum. like what @jokiin suggested, they might be sending me a mic to replace it.

Could be just a bad solder joint. Might be worth remelting the solder on the connections to see if it helps. The mic is fairly easily accessible once you remove the back cover.

Strange, I frequently use the "Movies and TV" app on a Windows 10 PC to playback A119/A119S videos and have sound. Check the app volume control.

App volume is fine, It appears to be the files from my Mio cams, the odd thing is once I've trimmed the files into small clips, and saved them (still in the "same" format, .MOV) the sound is suddenly there! Just when they're unedited taken straight from the cam's SD card, they're silent

Could be just a bad solder joint. Might be worth remelting the solder on the connections to see if it helps. The mic is fairly easily accessible once you remove the back cover.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest update: Viofo got my details and will send me a mic to replace the current mic.

Will update again once i get the new mic.

...the odd thing is once I've trimmed the files into small clips, and saved them (still in the "same" format, .MOV) the sound is suddenly there! Just when they're unedited taken straight from the cam's SD card, they're silent
Not sure this is relevant to your problem or not, but my A119 and A119S files are ".mp4" files, not ".MOV" files.
{Edit: OK, so I see now you are not talking about A119S files. My mistake.}

Last edited:
Not sure this is relevant to your problem or not, but my A119 and A119S files are ".mp4" files, not ".MOV" files.
{Edit: OK, so I see now you are not talking about A119S files. My mistake.}

Yeh I only suggested the media player incase it wasn't just limited to my mio cams

Update:

Just received the mic, will try to change it over the weekend.
20180207_152749.jpg

Back