• Total voters

Drink Diesel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi recently upgraded my BlackVue DR450-1CH to DR750s-2CH

I formatted the supplied 16GB Blackvue SD card and upgraded to latest firmware

Went for test drive

Playback on the blackvue app with front and rear playing at the same time, the front camera is out of sync, very slow driving? Rear camera is driving at normal speed?, all the sound is out of sync because of this.

So I went to Playing direct .mp4 separate videos

Video randomly glitchy, pixelated, random green screen appears, skips footage.

Brightness is very dark.

————————————————-

I ordered the 128GB from dashcamwarehouse.com but they supplied me the Sandisk ultra 128GB?

Now using the Sandisk ultra 128GB, formatted and updated latest firmware, increased brightness to ‘3’ in settings

playing back the .mp4 videos as separate, they are really glitchy, pixelated and random green screen appears and the video jumps ahead. Brightness is now acceptable.

(Used on windows media player)

However..

I downloaded VLC player, played exact same video clip.

It was better... the glitch and pixelated footage appeared in different parts of the video tho? Green screen disappeared? Doesn’t really feel like I am watching 60fps tho?

The laptop I am using is 6-10 Year old. The exact spec I can’t tell atm? It got intel pentium i5, basic graphic card? Or none? (Nothing fancy like Nvidia) but I notice our laptop does take ages to boot up, (opening a webpage sometimes takes 1 min and i am always moaning the laptop runs slow.

The blackvue settings is on 1080p 60fps (Sport)

I had no video playback issues on my Blackvue 450-1CH (30fps) on the same laptop

Any ideas?

Faulty dashcam?
Faulty sd card?
Faulty laptop?

I compared video quality of my 450 video clip to 750 video clip and doesn’t seem a huge difference in quality? Only tested on my laptop

Have you tried viewing on a different computer?

Are you using a card reader vs. attaching camera to computer?

A 6-10 year old laptop may be struggling to play 60 FPS videos.

Have you tried viewing on a different computer?

Are you using a card reader vs. attaching camera to computer?

A 6-10 year old laptop may be struggling to play 60 FPS videos.

Haha I am struggling to find a friend who has a decent computer to test, I may have to bite the bullet and upgrade the computer (it needs upgrading) but I’m really hoping this is the issue.

I am putting the SD card in the USB reader, when playing back on Blackvue app it’s reading off the SD card through USB

The .mp4 I dragged off and copied onto desktop to playback

Just a couple of thoughts.

What speed is the USB reader? If it's USB2 it's not going to be fast enough for video playback.

The fact that the MP4 being played from the desktop still has issues (no USB or card to deal with) pretty much points the finger at the computer as being the problem.

My only suggestion, other than getting a new computer, is to try a different playback program - some are better than others.

Upload a file to YouTube and watch it back, if it plays ok then it's your laptop, your laptop is most likely the problem anyway but this will just confirm it

Just a couple of thoughts.

What speed is the USB reader? If it's USB2 it's not going to be fast enough for video playback.

The fact that the MP4 being played from the desktop still has issues (no USB or card to deal with) pretty much points the finger at the computer as being the problem.

My only suggestion, other than getting a new computer, is to try a different playback program - some are better than others.

I would imagine it is USB2, I will try a performance computer and report back if the issue is fixed or any improvement made

Thanks for your support

Upload a file to YouTube and watch it back, if it plays ok then it's your laptop, your laptop is most likely the problem anyway but this will just confirm it

Thanks! Will try out soon as possible, didn’t think of this. I will reply once tried

Put the file on a stick and play it on your TV and see what u get My computer plas video via USB2 fine Its probably your computers chip speed (or lack of it) that affects it.

Put the file on a stick and play it on your TV and see what u get My computer plas video via USB2 fine Its probably your computers chip speed (or lack of it) that affects it.

Just used a Samsung with 4k support, the video playback worked with no glitches at all, alot less pixelation, and green screen completely gone and looked 60fps, thank you, you have confirmed the laptop is crap haha :)

This post is now solved, problem was under performing laptop used. Thanks to everyone who contributed help, really appreciated it, alot less stressed now. I must believe this laptop can run forever, just a paper weight now lol

As technology advances so must our computer equipment. Old laptops may still have some use to younger students and others who just need basic computing equipment for internet access and email :) Better that than binning it ;)

Phil

As technology advances so must our computer equipment. Old laptops may still have some use to younger students and others who just need basic computing equipment for internet access and email :) Better that than binning it ;)

Phil

Haha, I admit I will hoard this still

Or old people who just do a bit of browsing & Faceslap etc

Back