Video Quality in HD can't read number plates

JohnBlue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In HD the video quality is so poor that cannot read number plates.
i sent video to Nextbase and they agreed and so I got a new camera. However, video quality remains poorvlcsnap-2019-09-07-11h06m17s926.jpg
awaiting response from Nextbase.

Did you get a response from Nextbase? The video quality from my 322GW is dreadful! I do have the older 312GW which is far better quality but sadly doesn't support the rear camera!

I was told that it was within specification.
As not fit for purpose I exchanged for a Garmin in Curry's. Shame as looked neat and is British. Like an Allegro.

That is poor quality. I'd of expected the 322 to better the 312 being the newer model. Really good old bit of kit the 312 takes a lot of beating tbf.

Right there it is clear the camera did its metering based on the darker L side of the image, and that give you a slower exposure.
50 M down the road where there are not trees the chance would have been much better.
If you focus too much on plate capture you will go insane, and not pleased with any dashcam out there.
Right now i am entering the part of the year where i don't expect any plate captures at all, due to the bleak and most often cloudy weather in Denmark.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bricksmasher 322GW 1
D 322GW 7
Back