Video quality legacy vs cloud

mauanfa1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone upload 2 videos

The newest 2.xxx highest setting (10mbps) vs the legacy 1.xxx 8mbps

I can find various videos online but no luck having someone with the same camera upload 2 similar videos to get a better comparison

Interested in seeing the difference before sending $$$ to Blackvue to upgrade the cams

Not the same place nor time, but I can see an improvement as marginal as it might be ... 12-14 mbps would be ideal

1.011 firmware

2.007 firmware

You can upgrade your cam without sending them $$$. If you see little or no improvement you can easily downgrade it back to Legacy firmware.

You can upgrade your cam without sending them $$$. If you see little or no improvement you can easily downgrade it back to Legacy firmware.
I don't think all 650GW can be upgraded with "just" a firmware upgrade. I think models built before a certain date were not able to be upgraded... and need to be exchanged.

I don't think all 650GW can be upgraded with "just" a firmware upgrade. I think models built before a certain date were not able to be upgraded... and need to be exchanged.

Thats true. I found this page that says something about that.
https://www.blackvue.com/blackvue-over-the-cloud/#compatibility

"BlackVue Over the Cloud works with the DR650GW Series models manufactured after April 2015."

My cam is manufactured before that date but runs 2.007 without a problem. But I am not using the Cloud-part. Could it be that 2.x works with older cameras, but over the cloud won't work?

Back