Video recording duration

OcularPatdown

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I set my recording duration to 3 minutes and I see some videos of ~30 seconds, ~1 minute, and sometimes a gap between recordings (no video), what is the cause of this? The duo cams do record in 3 minute segments but it seems pretty inconsistent.
Could it be my motion and g-sensor settings? Both of them are enabled.

Most likely motion detection.

Transcend high endurance. I didn't realize motion detection should be off when driving. It makes sense now that I think about it. What other settings should be off if I'm not using parking mode? (until buffering firmware becomes public)

If you turn wifi off then you cannot enable from app correct? You would need to turn on thru the camera menus each time?

not sure what you're asking exactly, if you mean turn wifi on and off you should do that from the camera

I'm having a similar situation, I switched all the settings and even downloaded a modified version for the camera, still getting a ton of mini-videos, only happens when the rear camera is connected, if is disconnected I could get single 10 or 5 minutes videos no problem.
I'm using an Adata Premier Pro 128 Gb U3 Micro Sd card...

I'm having a similar situation, I switched all the settings and even downloaded a modified version for the camera, still getting a ton of mini-videos, only happens when the rear camera is connected, if is disconnected I could get single 10 or 5 minutes videos no problem.
Sounds like maybe your rear cable is picking up some interference. Did you route it up along the headliner or down along the floor? If it's up along the headliner, your may want to reroute it and see if that helps. Maybe temporarily lay it across the seats and see if it still does it.
I'd try another card first though.

Did you route it up along the headliner or down along the floor?

Is along the floor as my AB's are side courtain from top. And since u point to another card I guess I was thinking of u cause I just got my card flying off from the camera n I have no clue where it went, glad I didn't have anything worthy there....so a new card it is.... :(

if the files don't go the full duration and it keeps stopping and starting recording that can be the result of a poor memory card, Adata isn't a good choice for this application

Back